Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Sep 4, 2006, 11:11 AM   #1
SH

Yep, it did. What happened was I was trying to transfer about a 200 mg file via camera/sd card/usb onto my second, older computer that I dug out. I didn't really want to waste a disc (for just a cd-rom) or hook up my crossover cable for the one file so I tried doing it camera/usb route but the older didn't even see the mpvr (this is Win98se) even with the install disc mpvr driver installed. after opening the camera several times it eventually would just light for a second, then gone. This is all it does now period. I tried taking out battery umpteen times now, tried the wall cord, tried pressing various combinations of buttons during the second the light is on, tried formatting the sd card, sd card in/out. I'm supposing there's no possible hope for this unit now cause it needs to be at least "on" even to reflash it right? Is there no trickery left for me to pursue?
Anyway, if that's the case what's my best bet for a replacent right now as I'm preparing to move across country in a few weeks and really want a camera NOW.
Should I get the same? Any deals, what was that black one in that thread for $99 at
Best Buy? Is there an upgrade right now with the optical zoom? THanks for reading, hope you can help..
SH is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 4, 2006, 11:56 AM   #2

SH welcome again

hope your movegoessomoothl

try a firmware upgrade or defaut Posalbly it'll work if...........

1. have you tried Playback through the tv? its a option

if you loaded up and it suffered a Virus that is bad news?

I do not have anything else to advice on

the 99.99 is at bestbuy it is not the 3x optical but the PVR 8 megapixal or dv8800 its 10.00 more than 88.00

if you do get it

do not toss the MPVr away try exchanging when target gets a new one in. if you gotthe box and all.

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2006, 12:02 PM   #3
SH

Thanks Fishy I'm going shopping in a few minutes. At least I have plenty of parts already out of this for another similar..
SH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2006, 12:26 PM   #4

If you wanna stop by on your way I'll see what I can do :Gkidding around

bestbuy PVr

I am going to open a topic up

be advised you'll be suprised that it has a auto focus or a better fixed lens and YES its not electonics sounds manual lol

I go some video of what I never heard of before
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote