Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Sep 7, 2006, 2:07 PM   #31

Just tried out the voice record for a class i'm taking up in fullerton and it's pretty good it can pick up my professor from about 30-50 ft so it's good for public speeches. i will edit this when i get my pictures into photobuckeor on youtube...
Takeichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2006, 8:18 AM   #32

well as time goes by. the PVR may have ben rushed onto the market scene in my eyes.

I have needed to snap a drivers license pic for records (personal use) andI used the machro setting and made sure I wasstanding the correct footage and enough light

I do not need glasses the PVR does. it ws the worst ever. I can say it does take ~ (infinity shots nice , but all in all I wouldreturn thisdue to too much hype on this model.

now I do like the idea I have no bugs when I record av in at all my MPVR somehow crashs in Win moviemaker , notthe PVR? go figure?

I do have 1 week more for my decision, and I am thinking real hard super hard why I SHOUL KEEP THIs anyone can talk me outta it Please try their best?

nothing is opened at all except the camera
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2006, 2:48 PM   #33

I decided. what was harder doing my work around the house or returning the camera?

the work around the house was harder. I went in and told BB sorry i need a full refund , thank you? they implied ? Would you like an exchange. I said No thankyou , not at this time

The gurl kindley refunded my full price
Old Sep 9, 2006, 9:58 PM   #34

I was over in Mexico today and took the PVR along. Here are some video shots.

http://media.putfile.com/Mexico1
http://media.putfile.com/Mexico2
http://media.putfile.com/Mexico3

I converted these to windows media player so anyone (at least with Window!) should be able to play these.

I post these, as these give a better idea of realworld use. For what I want it for, it does the job well enough until the next generation of mpeg4 camcorders comes along. ie ones that are cheaper than the Sanyo's yet don't quite suffer the shortcomings of the cheap hybrids.

rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2006, 5:30 AM   #35

last vid shows an excellen downside to the camcorder.

yellow or direction shows lightadjustment. and the grill shows exactly what my other one or two cam's did pixals the grill of the bus

Vid is just good enough for pc usage that is for sure. I thank you for sharing
Old Sep 11, 2006, 12:39 PM   #36

Hello everyone. This is my first post on this site. I've been on other photography sites for a while and got a little bored since they seem to just talk about DSLR cameras these days.

I started going through the forums and saw a hybrid camera section and thought: "What the heck are these!?!" Started reading and it hit me, this is what I've been looking for. I am an owner of a Coopix 800, 4500 and got my wife a Kodak 330. All great camera. Just no real video.

So after reading the posts and reviews a while I made the jump and bought the PVR and 2G SD card that Bestbuy had on sale. A good purchase for $155 combined including taxes.

Played with it over the weekend and made a few 5 minute movie clips. Luckily so far everything works perfectly. No video / audio sync problems. Playback on the TV looks like my VHS tapes quality. Lighting, after using digicams for 6 years, I know enough to make sure of the lighting with the limitation of the camera.

Also, so far as a point and shoot camera, the picture quality is fine. Can I do better with my CP 4500? Of course. Then again, appropriate tool for the job.

I've made clips indoor and outdoors and must say I am extremely satisfied. Is it a $500 + camera with that quality... no. But... using it on family outings and outings with our boy Scout troop it's going to be a great tool and I won't be too upset if something happens to it.

As I play more with it I'll chime in.

Nice meeting you all and this forum looks like a nice place to be.

jswaite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2006, 12:44 PM   #37

jswaiteWelcome aboard

The sale was at BB anda 2 gig card? what was the card they offered PNY?Sandisk? Curuious?

I owned this and return for my reasons, I already have the MPVR no need for 2 cmos meg more.

Excellent write up, and you'll have loads of Fun wih this as a training tool for the BoyScouts?

Glad you found us and enjoy..

Old Sep 11, 2006, 1:38 PM   #38

The sale ended this past Saturday. The memory card was a Sandisk 2 gigabyte.

As for video use with the Scouts, we can make vids and post on our web site (eventually) for family and friends to see what we do. Also, when doing group activities I can see filming and showing where teamwork is going good and where it is breaking down.

Same with the photos. Can do both with one tool. I'll be putting it to the test on our camping trip this month. Still have not decided if it will make the trip on the winter campouts.

I went withthe PVR because the MPVRs were not on sale and the ones in the stores by me (northeast Ohio) are the older models not the 2K6 models.

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
jswaiteWelcome aboard

The sale was at BB anda 2 gig card? what was the card they offered PNY?Sandisk? Curuious?

I owned this and return for my reasons, I already have the MPVR no need for 2 cmos meg more.

Excellent write up, and you'll have loads of Fun wih this as a training tool for the BoyScouts?

Glad you found us and enjoy..

jswaite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2006, 2:03 PM   #39

CC (circuitcity) the mPVR is at 99.99 as well 149.99 rebate of 50.00

Difference between cameras nothing at all.

photo or video

winter time should do fine carry an extra battery or two and if you have to weather proof the cmera you can ziplock with a big glad bag
Old Sep 11, 2006, 9:30 PM   #40

jswaite,

That was why I got into hybrids as well since most digital cameras use the MJPEG codec which is not as efficient in terms of memory usage as MPEG4. Sure there are cameras which use MPEG4 now, but I find myself in the position of not liking the camera or liking the camera but it has no MPEG4 movie mode!

I like to research my cameras for months sometimes, but with a year old son I don't have the luxury of time for this as I'd miss out those funny moments as he grows up! Therefore I bought one of these hybrids. I had one before but managed to lose it, which upset me greatly!

What firmware version do you have on your PVR? I have had audio/sync problems but it seems not to happen all the time.

I have 3104. Fishycomics said his was 3200 but I wasn't clear if he still had audio/sync problems. I am sure he'll clarify this for me.

I am going to call Aiptek tomorrow and see if they can give me the latest firmware. Their email support, sadly, seems next to useless so I have to resort to calling them and even then I am not impressed as so far the guy I have got twice seemed to have a bit of an attitude.

I guess at the end of the day these are just cheap comodity items to them and they only really have support as a courtesy to answer basic user operation questions and nothing too technical.

Contrast this to the support of a couple of mp3 players I own who were very helpful and one even went out of her way to help me and this one was for a cheap player.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote