Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Sep 12, 2006, 2:56 AM   #41

1P. PVR vid/aud synk issues. click me

1M MPVR vid/aud synk issues click me

I have posted the vid of vid /audsynch issues I cannot tell if it had or not on the PVr so here are the clips ifyou missed it in the review RGVCAM
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2006, 8:44 AM   #42

Thanks fishy, It doesn't appear to have a sync problem on your video.

Out of interest the mpvr video displays ' This video is a duplicate of a previously uploaded video.' even if I click on your original link at the beginning of this thread.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2006, 8:53 AM   #43

rgv,

My firmware is 3200 hw01. Just like the one fishy has in the review. As far as the kids go, mine are 10.5 and 12 years old. They grow fast and time goes by fast. When ours were young, we were two year out of college and my wife was an Army nurse so we couldn't afford the prices on video cameras back then. All we have are snap shots.

The snap shots are great but there was some stuff that would have been even better on video. Like the sone at two years old with two handfulls and a mouthfull of dog food. The image is funny but a video would have been hilarious.

That's why I think these hybrids are great. We won't be winning academy awards but at least we'll catch the important moments.
jswaite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2006, 9:32 AM   #44

jswaite schrieb:
Quote:
rgv,

My firmware is 3200 hw01. Just like the one fishy has in the review. As far as the kids go, mine are 10.5 and 12 years old. They grow fast and time goes by fast. When ours were young, we were two year out of college and my wife was an Army nurse so we couldn't afford the prices on video cameras back then. All we have are snap shots.

The snap shots are great but there was some stuff that would have been even better on video. Like the sone at two years old with two handfulls and a mouthfull of dog food. The image is funny but a video would have been hilarious.

That's why I think these hybrids are great. We won't be winning academy awards but at least we'll catch the important moments.
yeah !!!

you are right!
jam11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2006, 10:32 AM   #45

jswaite wrote:
Quote:
rgv,

They are also great for places you wouldn't dare take a more expensive device along to, such as the beach :-) My previous Aiptek came in very handy when I took my son to the beach for the first time and as you say, some moments need video rather than snapshots especially when you see his expressions and hear his glee at playing with the sand and water!
Old Sep 12, 2006, 11:22 AM   #46

RGV. will have to repost thank you for the look out.......I held both cameras in hand at the same time to the T so Youtube should realize they're not the same by file :G

mpvr pvr are not the same as in vid but youtube computer thinks so wil try my best to find the video manually and reload
Old Sep 12, 2006, 11:31 AM   #47

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I24O7Tt0ONU

Please allow some time from 12 30 pm sept 12 it is uploaded

Jam Yes I know what you mean as well as RGV

I had the hybrids and did catch my late Sam in action with him howling my shepherd the sad part is i no longer have these videos. Pc crash, lost file or never saved to a cdr or dvd. I am deeply sad i never did take many

now my chicken I still do not do any vid's when I try its hard so i hope I do

b/c when Jake walks with his leash in his mouth its from the start to the finish never lets it go liket hat commercial with allegeries and the toy i shall try to vid him even at the park

i have a vid i hope to find if I saved it on a disk he is sprinting from one end to the other boy is he fast or was.

so yes these moments are the best when in hand

Lietoday at the 4 am hour iawoke to see the lights of WTC and from my house i snapped an aiptek IS-DV shot Priceless If I show it to you you'll be so amazed.

I even got video at a closer distance again you'll be shocked, and even real close

you know what?

nothing came out and i hope tommorrow morning they are lit the JVC camcorder will be my best bet as well as t he olympus?
Old Sep 19, 2006, 12:55 AM   #48

I bought a new Aiptek PVR from Best Buy when it was on sale for $99 a couple of weeks ago. I was pretty happy with it. However using Win Movie Maker, the edited clips all sounf "tinny". Unedited clips sound fine though. Am I doing something wrong? Or is this the sad result of video file conversion? I am new to all this.
aiptek007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2006, 7:49 AM   #49

I just bought one too at best buy, replaced my old dv4500, which was bad quality, but I like the portability.

Do you know if this PVR does webcam?

Also, trying to get the best settings to take 8 meg px pictures and can't seem to notice that much difference from the 4meg on the old DV4500. Any clues would be good - thanks!
jodell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2006, 10:29 AM   #50

This is because the 8 Megapixel mode is interpolated. The true size of the sensor is 5 Megapixels. That is why you won't notice any difference as you cannot increase the detail with interpolation. You should only ever use the 5M mode as 8M is a waste of memory space.

I have not used it as a webcam so cannot comment on this.