Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Nov 1, 2006, 11:33 AM   #51

aiptek007,

Sounds like the setting for the audio encoding bitrate in Win Movie Maker might be too low. Use at least 128kbit. I'm not familiar with the settings on WMM, so can't tell you exactly where to go. I really like Boilsoft's ASF Converter, which lets you convert to 4 different formats (WMV, AVI, MPG, DVD) with easily customizable settings.

jodell,

I think it does webcam, but haven't tried it. In the PVR's Settings menu there's an item called "USB Mode". Try setting that to Camera and plugging it into your USB. I think (unlike having it act as an external disk) camera mode requires you to have the drivers properly installed from the included CD.

I would answer the 8M question, but rgv did that as I was typing...
Diyabolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2006, 11:48 AM   #52

jodell,

I just changed the Disk Mode to "Camera" and plugged it into my computer. XP did the Found New Hardware business for a few minutes, after which I was able to click the Video icon in My Computer and view the camera output on my monitor. So it would seem to work as a webcam, although I haven't tried using it through Yahoo Messenger or the like.

Diyabolo is offline   Reply With Quote