Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Sep 4, 2006, 4:06 PM   #1

Not exactly my place to start this topic, but hopefully mods will take the hint and start their own.

~ Option to turn off shutter sound

~ Option to control flash behaviour (no 3x flash please, or sometimes even 2x when light's not so strong but camera is on auto flash)
~ Turn off sound on built-in speakerfrom AV-IN when headphones plugged in
~ Use remote control for more than one keypress after USB menu comes up after connecting the 8800 to the PC.
~ When DV-IN's hooked up and you switch to camera function (to see the DV-IN signal feed) you can't get the menu to appear (my guess is it appears when you press menu,but it's obscured by the rendered DV-IN signal on top of it). We need to see the menu to be able to select video recordingresolution before recording, but not beforeconnecting the DV-IN!

~ When DV-IN's plugged in, but there's no recording started or 8800's not even in camera mode Auto Turn-Offwon't work at all, why not at least if camera is not in camera mode!?

~ This would be cool but probably can't be done by means of just a FW upgrade! It prollyneeds to be a HW upgrade job, but if AV-IN's connected and 8800's connected to PC,it'd be cool tostream what's coming in from AV-IN to the PC (kind of a AV bridge)...

Will write more as they come to me... If you see some of these are fixed on a 8800 that you own, please write the version of its firmware. Mine is currently 1400, HW 0. It's a silver 8800.

novinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 4, 2006, 11:19 PM   #2

Well good luck on your wishlist. Usually manufacturers tend to just fix bugs rather than add features. My PVR (which is the same as the DV 8800 as it says so in the EXIF information) doesn't fix the first two for a start and it's firmware is 3104. As to the others, I don't use the DV-IN and don't plan to, and the same for the remote.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2006, 3:07 AM   #3

remote in or remote out this unit is also a monitor wireless
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2006, 1:01 PM   #4

I sent an email via aiptek.com support asking if they have a later firmware but as they have never replied before, I won't hold my breath. If anyone else wants to try, they are welcome.
Old Sep 5, 2006, 1:50 PM   #5

I am still awaiting an email direct from the rep lol giving up hope will call and ask kindely for them
Old Sep 5, 2006, 4:05 PM   #6

I am reluctant to call them directly in case I get the same guy again. I did the last two times I called. Do they only have one person LOL I found him a bit condescending when I spoke to him to be honest.
Old Sep 5, 2006, 4:15 PM   #7

was his name ray? I think we went throught this b4 Lol

I will wait 45 minutes later to get the firmware if I have the latest. then hmm i would ask for the default as ALL cameras should have them

Old Sep 5, 2006, 5:19 PM   #8

615pm sept 5th left a voice message to Aiptek for the Mpvr and PVr to send both firmware's:?

:O(holding my breath)
Old Sep 6, 2006, 8:41 AM   #9

You know I noticed on Aipteks support form page it has 'Please - only one submission per customer'. Now I really hope that doesn't mean in total! I am assuming it means don't send several at once, but I am beginning to think it means you get one and that's it :lol:
Old Sep 6, 2006, 11:21 AM   #10

you know there is a company calledsupacam. it is a one man bussiness he started out from his place and became super big. the problem was he taken t he digilife model and just improved apon it

so hmmm wonder if Aiptek followed simular traites Lol

but Aiptek is pritty big to have just

1 secretary

1 tech

1 support

1 customer service rep

1 return person

1 sales person

I think they have 3 workers in the california area. and are way way over wproked

i shall let my breath out as its day one no email lol from a voice mail. will waste a free call after 6pm eastern time again Lol