Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Sep 18, 2006, 3:40 PM   #21

Low and behold I made my call Chris issending out the newest Upgrade for the MPVR yes no kidding

he sounded like he was beaten up BIG time by customers he stated.

as For the PVR you are out of Luck that firmware is not being made till a later date as No one is complaining hard enough to tel lyou the truth if he has it he'll let me know

all kidding aside the MPVR he said uh if uh they uh have it uh i'll try uh to get it uh out to you I think uh

and for the pvr he said uh I uh think uh they may be not uh yet working uh on it

dam should have taped the r phone call 3 min's got what I asked for

Sorry RGVCAM but they are the worst ever and I agree 110%
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2006, 4:47 PM   #22

What amazed me though, was that when they do a firmware upgrade, only those of us in the know, even stand a chance of getting it ie by phoning in. They don't even make it available on their website! You have to keep calling in. That's why I asked him if he could give me an idea on the turn around time for them releasing a new firmware since I don't want to be annoying them phoning too often and he said give it a couple of weeks. So basically they realise the product may have a fault but don't care enough to post the firmware for those who already have the product.

I can only guess the reason they don't release even beneficial firmware updates, is that they are afraid of an influx of support calls which they don't want or have the manpower to deal with.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2006, 5:36 PM   #23

you got a websit you got the room Post it thy did that with the drivers

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"he said a few hours to a few days? so I'll check in again butyou know what I had cellphonetroubles on one line now my Line i out of order:?will take hours to get back on just love the troubles?
Old Sep 18, 2006, 6:03 PM   #24

I used skype to phone them because my cellphone doesn't work well in my office and skype is free to any usa number until the end of the year :lol:
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2006, 7:03 PM   #25

I used to remember phones online were free:G
Old Sep 19, 2006, 1:42 AM   #26

I bought a new Aiptek PVR from Best Buy when it was on sale for $99 a couple of weeks ago. I was pretty happy with it. However using Win Movie Maker, the edited clips all sounf "tinny". Unedited clips sound fine though. Am I doing something wrong? Or is this the sad result of video file conversion? I am new to all this.
aiptek007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2006, 6:11 AM   #27

Duplicate post

welcomeaboard aiptek007 your question can be now found in th PVR review that is the spot for your answer but its More than welcomed here. no harm no foul.1 the PVR if onne who still owns it Please reply if you use the win moviemaker with the pvr

I notice a very very faint noise but you know what I have no troubleswith editing in WMM asf file and its audio is fine if you have total silience and are near electronics you may get that faint sound

2 are you saving at a high bit rate. v-avi or realy maing it small a loss is deffentl the proble, in saving.
Old Sep 19, 2006, 6:41 AM   #28

Thanks Fishy!

I have no problem with the editing except the voices change from a realistic voice to a cheap sounding "tinny voice" that is very annoying. I only tried editing with WMM because the Muvee software that came with the PVR had a .dll error when I tried to install it. (this has been referenced by another person).

Secondly, when I save the edited clip, I save it at the comparible bit rate.

Quite frankly, I am ready to take the PVR back because of these problems and the video problems discussed at length in other posts. They obviously rushed this product to market before the bugs were resolved.
aiptek007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2006, 7:45 AM   #29

Aiptek007 the Muve4.0 is a joke its a nice software to throw together a quick movie

as WMM you have a more professional use as youcan edit and write XMLs

are you aware of the Forum

http://www.windowsmoviemakers.net/Forums/Default.aspx

if not better get i n there

1. The PVR is a ecellent camera for anyone that is beginning to an expert , they can not worry about their expensive models being damaged or stolen

the PVR is Priceless when youcapture those on the spot video or any video, but comes with drawbacks if youdo not mind them then you'll be happy

2 I returned mine as I already have a MPVR its the same camera cannot tel a difference if it snaps a 1 me-6 meg or even up to 8 meg shots. cannot tell ifit vids in low or high rsolution

3 I thought being a higher res bea better camera nope.................

4 I have issues with my MPVR and when I corrected my Firmware it's back to normal

My issue was I record into thecamera a movie if it is a 10 sec clip or 1 hour clip, I can go into WMM and edit, now I cannot, a codec has been currupted or missing. a quick reload andfirmware fix back to default fixed it

================================================== ==

If you are looking fora hybrid the only hing we can do is test them out return them till we find a good one

IS-DV is the better one the 1st stabilization no headaches. just a start. so hopeall works out for you?
Old Sep 19, 2006, 8:23 AM   #30

Aiptek007 here is the MPVR it is saved in WMM at the lowest setting pocketpc

aiptek007 wrote: [/b]
Quote:
Thanks Fishy!

I have no problem with the editing except the voices change from a realistic voice to a cheap sounding "tinny voice" that is very annoying. I only tried editing with WMM because the Muvee software that came with the PVR had a .dll error when I tried to install it. (this has been referenced by another person).

Secondly, when I save the edited clip, I save it at the comparible bit rate.

Quite frankly, I am ready to take the PVR back because of these problems and the video problems discussed at length in other posts. They obviously rushed this product to market before the bugs were resolved.