Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Sep 19, 2006, 9:40 AM   #31

aiptek007 wrote:
Quote:
Thanks Fishy!

I have no problem with the editing except the voices change from a realistic voice to a cheap sounding "tinny voice" that is very annoying. I only tried editing with WMM because the Muvee software that came with the PVR had a .dll error when I tried to install it. (this has been referenced by another person).

Secondly, when I save the edited clip, I save it at the comparible bit rate.

Quite frankly, I am ready to take the PVR back because of these problems and the video problems discussed at length in other posts. They obviously rushed this product to market before the bugs were resolved.
I convert mine using Windows Media Encoder which uses the same technology and they sound fine even using the voice quality setting instead of CD Quality.

It sounds like the audio portion is being encoded with too low a bitrate which will indeed make it sound 'Tinny'. Check the Audio bitrate. It sounds like it is being encoded at telephone quality ie 8kbps. The template for Pocket PC in Windows Media Encoder is 32Kbps for comparison.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2006, 1:34 PM   #32

what's that songs name by hmmmm

promises , promises,

1700 series is the latest released software no going down to 1700 from 2100 2000 1900 1800 series

PVR will not be relased till 2007

sorry not a rumor it's a fact...

guess what ? RGV and others keep bothering them and you'll get your answer. No. nottoday.

Aiptek of tawain is the main office tht you need to bother not aiptek of USA

it hurts to say it but I am truely sorry if we have to beBeta testers but why we have to dish out 200.00 to aiptek and 100.00 at a local store if on sale

next sale that goes about will not be me purchasing so good luck keep it posted.

I stilll cansay its a great camera do not get me wrong but a fix is in order and well aware of it
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2006, 3:18 PM   #33

Here is a good example of the "tinny" audio. This video you posted on You Tube has a good example of it whan you talk. It seems so have the same "tinny" voice quality I am experiencing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNae24pfgwM

aiptek007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2006, 4:07 PM   #34

Aipt007

at 2 min around or at the very end?

1 theMic is a very powerful one I promise you that it has or acts like a diaphram bounces , best solution is to use foam or cotton for fix to block the wind or noise vibrting its waves to themic

2 the first part at 2 mins it is bad yes a double or repeat of thevoice can almost be heard with a crackle,

3. at the end at high res it is again noticable but at the last on low it is better never said gone. thought you plae a vid up ha ha ha thank you.

================================================== ======

eramirez <[email protected]>

Here is a firmware update for the MPVR.

Thank you for choosing Aiptek,

Aiptek, Inc. - Cust. Service/Technical Support

Old Sep 19, 2006, 4:13 PM   #35

watch this vid it was filmed yeserday listen more than seeing the problem facing into the sun.

you'll notice almsot a cricket sound this is with the firmware 1501 back to normal. I defaulted my camera and noticed i got the bug in it

2. if i upgrade to the 1707 it may dissappear with new filming

now remember the vid I was filming in the quote it is with camcorder the jvc till I went to the aipteks vid/aud synch

aiptek007 wrote:
Quote:
Here is a good example of the "tinny" audio. This video you posted on You Tube has a good example of it whan you talk. It seems so have the same "tinny" voice quality I am experiencing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNae24pfgwM

Old Sep 19, 2006, 4:26 PM   #36

Hey quick question guys and gals...what is the major difference between the PVR (black which i think is what i have DV8800) and the MPVR ( silver one)?

Just the megapixel difference?

guitardude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2006, 5:06 PM   #37

Fishy, in all 4 ofyou tests the audio is bad in my opinion (that tinny sound is there in all of them).

Did you use editing software for this movie? My PVR records great audio until I load the clips into WIN Movie Maker, then it gets the "tinny" irritating quality.
aiptek007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2006, 5:45 PM   #38

absolutely 2 meg cno not at all

1 av in sterio recording

2 machanical shutter (spell check) sensor covers up and opens for stills

3 2 cmos extra sensor while you have 2 meg higher in stills only creating a bigger file size

4a bigger sensor or lens by not much

5 a tad closer for machro totally useless if you ask me.

6slim or closer in to the body joystick

7 mic is a lil bigger in looks

8 red dsc light in rear over a green one tuing on

i believe this is what I noticed that are major the 1,2,3 are the main extras.

guitardude wrote:
Quote:
Hey quick question guys and gals...what is the major difference between the PVR (black which i think is what i have DV8800) and the MPVR ( silver one)?

Just the megapixel difference?

Old Sep 19, 2006, 5:46 PM   #39

http://media.putfile.com/CLIP0041

I'm bad forgot the link here is a link from putfile I did copy but forgot to paiste

you'll here almost a cricket like sound the sunroof is open

and its a metal or interference sound again this is with the old firmware reloaded? no editing raw footage streamlined through Putfile

Old Sep 21, 2006, 8:06 AM   #40

I finally got a reply from Taiwan!

So far, we are studying the issue, if we have a solution AIPTEK will
give you an advice soon.
Thank you for your e-mail.

Best Regards,
AIPTEK International Inc.
Customer Service Center

I will keep you posted.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote