Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Sep 20, 2006, 8:16 PM   #1

Here is a test shot from my Original Aiptek IS-DV. I had so much fun with this camera until I lost it.

I haven't had time to find much in the way of test shots, but anyway, here is a shot of a water fountain taken with with my original Aiptek IS-DV.

http://media.putfile.com/Fountain-55

You can see it is much softer and more pleasing to the eye compared to the PVR. I have converted some of my footage taken with this camera to Video CD's and they come out very well indeed on the TV.

You will also notice that the sound ramps up at the beginning. It is like this on all my footage. Maybe this is why it didn't seem to have any audio sync problems.

I'll see if I can find some more suitable material to post when I get the time.

rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 22, 2006, 11:12 AM   #2

hi
this also a is-dv shot for Ibn Tolon mosque in Cairo .....it is very good as a 1 megapixel shot

Attached Images

kimof0911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2006, 9:47 PM   #3

I came very close to buying the original Aiptek IS-DV in Bestbuy today as they have them for just under $100 but Iam still thinking and deciding that the money might to be better spent on getting a new digital camera for my trip as my much loved Minolta F300, while working fine, is on the Sony badsensor list. I don't want to be caught out with murphys law and it go bad on me during our vacation. Also if I buy this deviceand then a camera with a good movie mode,it'll probably end up being left on the shelf as I don't like not using a camera I have invested significantly more money into.I was looking at the mpeg4 cameras butthey all seem to have some quirk about them that I don't like. The Kodak and Pentax cameras, don't seem that great and the Casios seem to be having problems with their latest models, especially the lens mechanism which would put me back into the murphy's law category again!There has never been a better time to buy a digital with the prices they are now,
but there seems to always be some major flaw in the very camera I wantto buy! ARRGH! I always like to do tons (perhaps too much research) but if I don't and buy on a whim, I end up
with something like the PVR which looked great at first until I discovered too late that it had a flaw in it's video.
Hmmm... maybe I should go back andbuy that IS-DV after all. Just that I don't have money to throw around like I used to,
so it end's up being an either/or situation...

Old Sep 23, 2006, 2:24 PM   #4

hi

as i use it in my architectural study..........is-dv is very good............even we have fun with my collegues ......we take videos and so on.....it is really very very great until it is going to be dark

it is really a good deal
Old Sep 23, 2006, 2:35 PM   #5

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=92

when i reviewed this camera last aug of 2005, I should have held onto this. I should realy update the review with more detail,but itwill fade in tme again.

I agree Kim, i look back on my vidand some Pics I hadtaken wish I was there, especially right now to do a 50 mile bike ride, all over again, what a view

i did manage to save video of a state fair and my bike riding. aswel as others with this camera and my Mustek and other Aiptek?

soon after was the arrival of the MPVR.

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2006, 5:01 PM   #6

http://media.putfile.com/Movie-0003-30-14

thought I post a shot I just did, it's with the software of another hybrid. andresolution fo the net

the IS-DV is great has a sec or two delay in aud as it revs up to par and goes in ful force ? wish the MPVR was like that.
Old Sep 24, 2006, 9:10 PM   #7

Here is a better example shot taken with the Aiptek IS-DV while I was having coffee at my favorite coffee shop. One great thing about the IS-DV was that it came with a case which you can see in the foreground.

Old Sep 25, 2006, 3:37 PM   #8

hi

this also a photo in Saqqara area in Cairo.......that was a real good shot............remember i was shoting using 1 megapixels resolution
Attached Images

Old Sep 25, 2006, 4:06 PM   #9

:|

Oh wow i wish i could show some photo stoppers, but man Kimm those are the best ever. this is when I tested out the camera while away on a rainy day Lol

dv5700 244 mb 1280x960 res size cut for interent

Old Sep 27, 2006, 10:10 AM   #10

peace be upon u

this is a shot for our architecture study building......Cairo university

and in the right bottom the mosque of the college
Attached Images