Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Sep 21, 2006, 5:37 PM   #1

i need to know which camera is the best, i know that the dv8000 has a ccd sensor, but the dv6800 and the dv8800 has the cmos sensor with 4mp and 5mp.

Does the dv8000 has audio/video input?

thanks!!!
wra1505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 21, 2006, 5:39 PM   #2

sorry about my english!
wra1505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2006, 6:25 PM   #3

I have an SVP HDDV 8400, which is a re-branded Aiptek DV8000. It does not have A/V input. VGA (640x480) is only at 11 frames per second. Quite a bit of noise in video clips in addition to the slow frame rate. Stills are good.

I would not recommend the Zoom DV (Z100 Pro) if you plan to take video indoors under regular incandescent lights - clips come out very dark. Both of your other Aiptek choices do better in low light.
Old HACer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2006, 8:45 AM   #4

If the DV8800 doesn't suffer from the oversharpening of the rebadged DV8800 known as the PVR here in the states, I would recommend it. The 5MP photos are actually quite good considering it's a cheap CMOS fixed focus device and the video is very clear. It is just a shame that Aiptek messed up on this one and the video seems to be oversharpened. Just make sure you buy it from someplace you can actually return it, if you find it is affected. I am still not quite sure at this stage if it affects current DV8800's as well since they are effectively the same device.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote