Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Sep 24, 2006, 9:21 PM   #1

As the topic says. If they do, can they let us know if they suffer from any distortion or oversharpening of the video. Current firmware version would be useful information as well.

I noticed that Aiptek USA have removed the DV8800 from the home page of listed models although you can still view a silver version by clicking on Digital Camcorders under the Prodcuct Lines. I wonder if there is significance in this or not...
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 27, 2006, 7:07 AM   #2

REILUKE has done somethig that may have you scratching your head

"i updated my mvpr to 1707 HW00 the one mod fishy provided, my mvpr is the 8mp version, after update its still 8mp. i love that it takes stills faster. thanks fishy"

I would n ot attempt this unless you can call Aiptek and grab the default software

the person does not say whattype model of the 8meg he or she has (profile gender missing) and I be careful if you're thinking the same............
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2006, 10:00 AM   #3

Oh no I have no intention of upgrading my device with any other firmware other than that which will (hopefully) be provided by Aiptek themselves.

It wouldn't surprise me if the MPVR firmware would work on the PVR as I would be willing to bet they are identical in hardware except for the sensor size. Companies like to use as many common parts as they can for cost reduction.

Having said that, there is always the possibility they change chipsets as they bring out new models in which case they may not be register compatible meaning the firmware either may not work, or work as intended.

There may be subtle malfunctions that (s)he may come across as time goes by. On the other hand maybe there won't...!

rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2006, 10:22 AM   #4

I clearly say do not try this on another device. but it is up to that person to understand they will be returning what they bought.

Old Sep 29, 2006, 7:48 PM   #5

First to address the ISDV, if the unit is dead it is likely it can't be brought back. You could try attaching to the computer to see if it will draw power that way and format the drive that is the memory of the camera. Be sure a memory card is in the ISDV so you can place the ISDV firmware back on the camera it may work. I watched the clip and I don't notice the same thing. When he draws out the word "TO" when he says last year I went to" the audio is ON. I'm not seeing the issue you saw. Where in the clip does sync issue occur?
Aiptek declaires no vid issues