Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Sep 28, 2006, 3:22 PM   #1

Here is the downloadable file. Please Be very careful apon upgrading your PVr . as the letter states below: if there is no default firmware i would contact Aiptek and get it A.S.A.P.

1. 3104 FIrmware Click me for download default

2. 3501 firmware Click me for download Upgrade

================================================== ==========
From Aiptek
We have found that this has helped to correct the issue with the audio snyc.PVR/DV8800. You would be the first customer to try this. Please let me know the result. I have attached the 3104 with the new version 3501 this is BETA version firmware and has not yet been fine tuned please let me know the results THANK YOU.

Can you also let me know if you have any issues with the SHARPNESS of the video clips with PVR? We are looking to see if corrections with the audio have changed the sharpness. This is something we have already tested our selves and find any feedback you have VERY HELPFUL. Here also is ISDV firmware it is zipped and attached. Don't WORRY we never use RAR here in the USA

================================================== =========

Plese tell Us if the firmware corrects the issues?

1Now, why would Aiptek tw.com say something about We do not give Firmware out to anyone?

2. and why would Aiptek.us care so much for FISHY . I do not work for Aiptek (lol) or have Connections? but I bet someone is reading the posts Thank you Ray.

Instructions are the same as the DV6800 Please review that site for futher detail, and those who are in need of the firmware this will be the only way to retrieve it. thank you.

Now since I owned andreturned my Dv8800. I wonder if the 1501,1707,,3104,3505 would add addtional features and functions? Am I going to be a Ginnie Pig? and Record it on film?

Stay tuned fr many Q's & A's

how to check, and load firmware

Step One have camera at hand, turn on camera and

1. hit the "MODE" button to display the features camera and go to "PLAYBACK" you must have playback displayed

2. hold the center "play" button on the screen, and the "MENUE button, , Press both of them at the same time, do not let go.. within 3-5 secs the words will display

My camera shows

FW 1203 upgraded to F/W 1707

HW 00upgraded to HW 00

this camera was Purchased on sept 2005.

Steps to loading software to the camera.........................

Not responsable for the action of the software.

step 1 take a sd card and Format it to fat Format by pc ( do not format the card to fat32 and do not use mmc card)

step 2 Copy attachment " V38main1501_upgrade.elf " to sd card

step 3 Insert the sd card to v38 and turn on the camera (hould say insert the sd card with the v38 software)

step 4 Press the " MODE " button to enter the Main meu window

step 5 press "MP# PLAY BUTTON (on the panel) and "RECORD" button together.... for 3 secs to start the F/W upgrade proceedure".

this will be showing the CAMERA as the main highlighted picture

step 6 The LED will glimmer for a few secs ( about 30 secs)( red dv/dsc light

Step 7 when the process is complete, the camera will turn off automatically. Follw the how to check firmware above to see if new software loaded

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 28, 2006, 5:11 PM   #2

Wow. That really stinks because it's my birthday today, and I told my parents to get me the MPVR instead since everyone said that I was better off with it. Should I try to return it and get the PVR?
ELLA GRANDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2006, 6:44 PM   #3

Fishycomcs,

That's great! I have almost bought an IS-DV again but if this works out, I may not have to, so fingers crossed. I guess we now know who is the favorite with Aiptek .

I am busy this evening, but what I plan to do, is try and take some video of subjects that I can easily take over and over again, first with current firmware and then with the new beta firmware. I'll upload the results to putfile.com.

I need to find a similar test to the bus. Although there are plenty of yellow school buses, they don't tend to stick around with a schedule that's convenient to me LOL

My driveway would also make a good test as well.

rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2006, 6:47 PM   #4

ELLA GRANDE wrote:
Quote:
Wow. That really stinks because it's my birthday today, and I told my parents to get me the MPVR instead since everyone said that I was better off with it. Should I try to return it and get the PVR?
Ella, the MPVR has the same video capabilities as the PVR (Once it's fixed that is!)

The oply difference is that the PVR can take true 5MP photos against the MPVR's 3MP photos.

If it's video you are mainly going to use it for, then you won't noitice any difference and 3MP photos are still good enough for all sizes you are likely to print at your local photo finisher.
Old Sep 28, 2006, 7:17 PM   #5

rgv HA HA HA we need to let aiptek know if it fixes the issues
Old Sep 28, 2006, 8:46 PM   #6

wow mod fishy, this is good stuff. I will hmmm try this with my mvpr, uprade to 3104? hope new features will also apply, 50/50 my mvpr wont work. aiptek us seems to trust you a lot to give out beta firmware and that is , we all appreciate all your efforts. good job
reiluke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2006, 9:14 PM   #7

I just recieved the PDVR as a gift... Is this the ame as the MPVR?
ELLA GRANDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2006, 9:58 PM   #8

reiluke wrote:
Quote:
wow mod fishy, this is good stuff. I will hmmm try this with my mvpr, uprade to 3104? hope new features will also apply, 50/50 my mvpr wont work. aiptek us seems to trust you a lot to give out beta firmware and that is , we all appreciate all your efforts. good job
Probably not a good idea as my PVR already has firmware version 3104 and this is the one that has the problems with video distortion etc. There is a separate firmware upgrade that fishycomics has alrfeady posted for the MPVR.
Old Sep 28, 2006, 10:06 PM   #9

ELLA GRANDE wrote:
Quote:
I believe this is the same as the MPVR as it shows a maximum interpolated image of 6MP rather than the 8MP of the PVR. One way is to look at the EXIF information in the still images it produces. If you download Iranview from www.irfanview.com along with the plugins, it will show the image EXIF information. If it shows DV6800 then it's a good bet it's an MPVR in disguise. Just like my PVR shows DV8800 in the EXIF information. In which case, this firmware would not be for you.
Old Sep 29, 2006, 7:36 AM   #10

ELLA GRANDE wrote:
Quote:

1. Open up the batter area, and you may need a magnifyer

2 look fora model Number DZO-v38 that is the MPVR, it may be DZD

DZ0-v37 is the IS-dv

2when you Plug in the camera , to thePc, turn on the camera andset to camera forwebcam, it'll say dv6800

you'll have the dv600 known as the MPVr.Please if you upload go to the DV800 firmware