Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Oct 22, 2006, 12:52 PM   #41

excellent shots.

1. wonder if this can be cleared by a a filter

professional camera got color. aiptek none. but like i said L iled that design shows the actual way the brick layer did his job:G

all is working now......
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2006, 12:53 PM   #42

another note: does this happen at tht range or can you get up closer by 1 foot increments to the object? wonder if it is on distance only
Old Oct 22, 2006, 1:02 PM   #43

I don't think it is a distance thing. It seems to be when lines are close together and of course the nearer you are, the wider apart the lines will be.

The problem with resizing may also explain why direct input to the devicemay be ok, while those from the sensor itself are not. It would be different hardware as a TV signal would not need resizing and is probably captured natively at 640x480 just like regular VHS video capture cards.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2006, 2:42 PM   #44

here is a video I had found when i was on tour in maryland for work.

It is of me bike riding the trailes.In Pa . There is gravel and it is perfect, but whites out due to the natural sun hitting hard.

What I am centering in on is the Prism or lines we're referring to on the PVR a white trailer I am passing. has this. remember I have found so far only one video with this over 250 viewed so far. it is a Mustek dv4500 3.1 cmos sensor, 1 out of 250 so far is not a bad video

http://media.putfile.com/white-lines-91putfile is busy

Here is another video by aiptek the Is-dv when I owned it thevery 1st time I had 3 other of the same model, wished I kept this one as I see it's perfect all around,

but take note on the science center in white the building has the same exact effect. I have viewed around 150 vids with the same tour, and so far only this one sticks out like a sore thumb.

http://media.putfile.com/IMAG0011

all in all with my stills of both the Mustek and aiptek, I have not yet found one with a problem. so it is to say that the higher model ends with the larger sensors are causing these issues...................
Old Oct 22, 2006, 3:09 PM   #45

Seems to be a problem with that video in that it seems to be taking forever to buffer so I'll try it again later.

I think you are right in that the problem may be because of the larger sensor. Having said that a larger sensor shouldn't make any difference, but I suspect they may have needed to tweak the resizing routine for some reason, affecting the result. It seems like they are not resampling properly. This may be why they are taking a while to come out with a fix as they may even have to rewrite it. If it was just a problem with the sharpening as I had originally thought, then all they should have needed to do, is adjsut some parameters.
Old Oct 22, 2006, 3:19 PM   #46

Well I have found 2 video's thought it was mustek dv4500 and the aipte IS-DV.

so I am placing it on youtube it is of a big file size why putfile taken the time it does work need to load it up and walk away 2 minutes. Come back it plays

Pufilewill give a better vid while youtube uh will be less of a view.

Seems everyone is online today

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XLhPFWaLKY

either load Putfile or wait till youtube gets it up :G

I will always rely on my Mustek to get the job done. if I had the MPVr I think the shakiness would be the same but too many washed out shots.

Old Oct 22, 2006, 3:54 PM   #47

Yes I see the effectgs you describe and it is to be expected occasionally. The problem with the PVR is that it is a lot more common and video quality in general is poor if the scene is complex.

Just look at this scene when I went to the Beach yesterday:

http://media.putfile.com/Beach-79

If you play it at maximum size you can see it is nowhere near as 'clean' as your shots. YOu can see edge effects on almost all straight lines.

Old Oct 22, 2006, 4:30 PM   #48

1. As I view the video, it is exactly like an aiptek, I own the Dv5300, and believe it is a better hybrid, as well as the Is-dv. but it seems like the MPVR,PVR series lack some focus and depth skills.

Noticing at the mddle of your video that's where it gets all lost in depth the balloon, where the sign and shelf of metal shows it all. and even the clothing and people tend to be aweful. period.

1 http://media.putfile.com/Movie_0002-88

my video has a simular shelf but i was rushed to film. not compairing to yours but thought I place it up, I cannot remember if this was the MPVR, or dv5300.

Aiptek on the phone will admit that they are not Number one.

my Mustek seems to be the better of the camcorder in depth that I am very happy to have a excellent working Camcorder.

so if it is of any trouble. what will become of the PVR and MPVR I believe a hand me down camcorder.........
Old Oct 22, 2006, 5:08 PM   #49

Alright. Got me working on this problem.

1 I have a radiator cover going to need to strip down oneday it is a spare it has a grill like fashon to it.

I'll do a vid test gonna make sure it is 30 sec's per each vid.

1 goingto do a close up around 2 feet as that is the Infinity limit. and go as far as 15 feet away.

will keep it at 3 foot intervals

2-3 feet for vid one 3-5 for vid two, 5-8 for vid 3, 8-12 for vid four 12-15 for vid five that will create the effect we're looking for. must do this while the sun is to my back.........
Old Oct 22, 2006, 5:32 PM   #50

Great detective work. I hope the info helps produce a solution. Glad that in my ignorance I could spur on people who know more than me.... Best of luck, and keep on top of Aiptek, rgv.
Diyabolo is offline   Reply With Quote