Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Oct 22, 2006, 4:36 PM   #51

the sun is in/out and looks dark as my hours are limited in the 5 pm time to sunset now day lights savings time boo hoo:P

http://media.putfile.com/prism

1 I must do this test another time, and to tell you the truth it will only benifet us to learn not to take video with lines going in many different ways at once....

the Aiptek sensor is fixed I wonder if a auto focus one will have the same trouble yes indeed........

when filming on any object or subject, have the sun always on your shoulders like a Big brother or Sister looking over you. never in front you'll get a better shot every time.

if the sun is in front it may be possable still to get your shot, but may have white wash with these sensors. thecamera will stagger forwhat is right orwrong and decide on itself to just film.

that is exactly what the camera is doing, to you tell it to stop.

well as I am off topic in such a manner but on topic . I'll open up in a new one.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2006, 4:38 PM   #52

Diyabolo wrote:
Quote:
Great detective work. I hope the info helps produce a solution. Glad that in my ignorance I could spur on people who know more than me.... Best of luck, and keep on top of Aiptek, rgv.
Thanks Diyabolo. I think the PVR could be a great video device if theymanage tofix it. I believe in trying to help them rather than just ranting. Of course it's going to be a slow process, but then my PVR isn't going anywhere anytime soon...
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2006, 5:02 PM   #53

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
another note: does this happen at tht range or can you get up closer by 1 foot increments to the object? wonder if it is on distance only
Here is the answer to your question. I just made a video clip shooting the side of the house as I walk towards the wall.

http://media.putfile.com/housetest

As you can see, the distortion disappears as I get close to the wall. So it proves my point that the effect is most apparent the close the lines are.

Old Oct 22, 2006, 6:13 PM   #54

rgv you deffently got issues with your PVr....

1 white bricjs deffently shows the isues what if of other colors?

best poerson that can answer would be Aiptek.

I know for sure red is no issue for me, but on a white house with the sun no good no matter what type of filming.

sun is hitting the house but if you look to the right there is a blue canopy boat and a house it is also getting that effect. this is the IS-DV it's where ever the sun washes the depth.

http://media.putfile.com/CLIP0004-53
Old Oct 22, 2006, 7:24 PM   #55

The majority of those videos are clear. Due to the high MPEG4 compression you have to be realistic and expect that problem to some degree and generally it is something I can put up with as an acceptable tradeoff for a small convenient device.

You know that last clip you just posted, strongly reminds me of my Super 8 cine film camera output, especially when you mute the sound!

Old Oct 22, 2006, 8:18 PM   #56

I love the hybrid I have

i would have stuck with the Mustek dv4500 and left all alone.............

the IS-DV was out there and well the swival screen iswhat I needed.

the mvr was a change and with av input

basically I am set.

I even opted for a jvc 32 optical camcorder. so i should be ready to go, nope needa maj digicamera

Old Oct 26, 2006, 9:13 AM   #57

http://media.putfile.com/royal-carrib-cruise

here is a 320x240 avi format of m cruise

same type of effect , ignore thelow resrate but conintrate on theboat you'll see thesamescenerio we're talkingabout that is from 2001 of aug.
Old Feb 27, 2007, 4:48 PM   #58

bringin an old topic back to the 1st page as we have a few members reffering to the pvr troubles
Old Feb 27, 2007, 9:16 PM   #59

Yes a good idea. It's a pity that you can't make permanent 'stickies' of important information like some of the other forums.
Old Feb 28, 2007, 3:35 AM   #60

this can be made a sticky RGVCAM, but making too many will only turn others away b/cthey do not look pass page one we alreasdy have

6 on board and I placed 3 into 1 important, cutting down, and as well wantto take away some already but need to be left alone
  1. welcome aboard[/*]
  2. brief hybrid list hybrid , and pmp hybrid 2[/*]
  3. camera list[/*]
  4. sample vid pic[/*]
  5. reviews containing mpvr pvr mpvr + and more like 16
[/*]
I say that is over 20 stickys right there leaving out the firmware making 30

would you review a sticky front page or go to page 2?

see wthe point I am making