Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Oct 7, 2006, 10:27 PM   #1

INeed a good hybrid below $140 price range for taking good quality videos, at mardi gras, spring break (beach) places were there will be alot of action and i might need to zoom in to, I need it for video mainly allready have a digital camera but might take some pics. too, also i need it to be able to take good video footage at night, and i will be recording up to 1 hr. at a time, i know i need to get a memory card with a fast transfer rate for better quality video, have been looking at is-dv2, mpvr, and 6800 anybody have any good suggestions for someone cheap like me that wants good quality video???
mattlew62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 8, 2006, 6:36 AM   #2

1st welcome aboard Matt............

All the hybrids that anyone is going to Mention

from 9.00 to500.00 won't take LOW LIGHT SITUATED VIDS

IS-DV2 is a good hybrid, MPVR, and 6800 are the same hybrid, both will film with Light on a subject or object, and if there is no light in the surrounded area, will mean no video. Locate the reviews, samples, andvideos you'll see what we mean.

140.00 can get you a number of hybrids but as the pricing has gone, or going back up, the IS-DV2 can still be had at 89.99 instead of 89.95 at target.

all Hybrids except at the moment SVP, and Aiptek Zoom-DV have 3x optical zoom.

All hybrids will film at unlimited video but the MPVR,6800 will exhaust at 1hr 40 min's that means you'll get 1 full hour, and then suffer if you do not end the video befor the batt is exhausted, the vid will currupt due to not stopping its record.

The Is-DV2 has 2aa's that can last 3 hrs. taking 2 1 hr vids and your last one around 30-54 mins, again will currupt if you do not end the vid ifbats exhaust.

LI-on are rechargables, but need to carry a spare , your case many.

2aa rechargables , youcan get easier and have 4-6 sets for the price of 1 li-on battery , that's 12 aa's, if not desposables, but they last less time than rechargables around 2 hrs.

now I got you leaning to the IS-DV2

letsome of Our members Persuede you what hybrid is best.

Again,

1 none of the models will do perfect night vidshots

2 IS-DV2 will be the better forbattery life

3. All three models are poor in low light situation, night video, and distant, video with no light,

My Moto no light no video light on thesubject, object you got a video.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2006, 7:15 AM   #3

added note

Look at the new cannon for 1300.00 it's ahigh deff palm corder. Wonder if that model will do fine in Low light it's a 3 meg cmos sensor. I think I stick with a hybrid for that price?

also the MPVR is on sale at CIrcuitcity at 99 and

dxg 305v at 77.00 4aaa battery system,[email protected] at 89 .99 at target
Old Oct 8, 2006, 11:25 AM   #4

out of all of them which one would you buy yourself for what im looking to do, my buddy has the is-dv2 and he said it has a night vision thing on it, and if I was taking a high quality video for about 1hr. or so, do u think a 2 gig card would be good, and do these models even support that much memory, also what speedcard do I need to get to get a good quality video, sorry for asking so many questions but im a newbie and am trying to learn any suggestions would be appreciated, what hybrids do u have that give u good quality and are in my price range???
Old Oct 8, 2006, 12:06 PM   #5

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=92

that link tells it all...........

1 all of them you metionedsupport up to 2 gig

2. all have night mode

3. Is-DV2 has an extra feature called led vido ligh. range 2 feet-3 feet .period.

4 48 min on 1 gig, if mistaken for the IS-DV2 the same

5. I preferre to keep to a smallersize sdcard in case curruption occures. 1 gig.

I look into what yourfriend has. before investing

I look at the Mustek series dv 3500 for the heck of it a more compressed or better file size.
Old Oct 8, 2006, 3:42 PM   #6

For this kind of thing, I think you would be better off with a used miniDV camcorder. Hybrids are great during the day, but become almost unusable in low light. This is an unfortunate limitation of these devices at the moment.

Having said that, if an event has enough background light you can often record usable video.

rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2006, 4:26 PM   #7

second tht. but at a mardi gras you best be have your hands on your items.
Old Oct 11, 2006, 6:11 PM   #8

ok, if you had to choose between the two, either IS-DV2 or MPVR, which one would you choose, I looked at the sample videos and the quality on both of them look about the same
Old Oct 11, 2006, 6:51 PM   #9

the is-dv is a better hybrid with no ad and vid issues yet?

1 do not tae my word for it.

if you read the firmware topic the older style has issues of FPS and bugs

while the screen has been improved on the newer version.
Old Oct 11, 2006, 10:01 PM   #10

I bought the MPVR at Circuit City last month, my first Hybrid. Itworks fine as long as you don't use the zoom or in low light.
APK-1 is offline   Reply With Quote