Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Oct 13, 2006, 2:39 PM   #1

Default Aiptek IS-DV Show

Welcome to the Aiptek IS-DV show. I'll be presenting shows about every feature and steps of the aiptek, you'll get to know the ins and outs of the Aiptek IS-dv, the pro's con's some hints on how to for example place the strap on, learn what the hybrid can do, what Aiptek doesn't tel you and more. After your viewing Please rate if you like .

SHOW 1 of the AIptek IS-DV
click me

Introduction to the IS-DV certain features , and funtions of the camera , those who have never seen a hybrid , will see it in a video and find this information helpful on choosing the right one for them

Show 2 of the Aiptek IS-DVclick me

accesorize what comes with the aiptek, optional items, showing proceedures of gettingstarted with the Is-dv

Show 3 Updated of the Aiptek IS-DV click me

Show 3 of the aiptek Is-Dv click me

taking a still shot andshowing the prints of a 3.1 meg still

Show 4 of the Aiptek Is-dv click me

getting down and dirty showing how simple it is to do a voice recroing, why aiptek left out photo and voice a excellent feature excluded from the camera

stay tuned for future shows being placed in here editing in.........................

Last edited by fishycomics; Nov 4, 2012 at 8:23 AM. Reason: website changes original title to recover hmmm
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 13, 2006, 3:07 PM   #2

I like the video. Just a slight typo in the banner ie srills instead of Stills. Are you sure the IS-DV can take a 2GB card? The reason I say is that it says 1GB Max on Aipteks site.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2006, 3:36 PM   #3

Most deffently, but do not take my word for it. As the orginal model was 512mb max.

the new Model 1 gig, I am sure a 2 gig will berecognised.

As Aiptek has refurbished Units at 99.99 and new ones @ 119

I may incorectly say the wrong things, and type, s if I have that chance I'll try to correct the vid, stay tuned for show no. 2

was the Log on the lower right to your liking as well as Please visit us?
Old Oct 14, 2006, 6:29 PM   #4

hi all

really a very good effort fishy...................thanks very much for ur shows

bye
kimof0911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2006, 9:16 PM   #5

Great shows.

Out of interest the Tripod you showed looks like it was designed for the Pencam SD only as it comes included with this camera. I have this very tripod and I have found it does not seem to fit any other device as the screw is too long. I have tried it on the PVR and my Minolta Dimage F300 Camera. There is however another tripod on their accesories page that may be more appropriate:

http://www.aiptek.com/Merchant2/merc...;Store_Code=AS

For inputting audio into a TV directly or via your VCR, you often don't need the Y adaptor. Usually the device will accept mono input by feeding it into the left channel only where it will automatically come out of both speakers.

I noticed in show 3 that the audio volume dropped significantly at about 2 minutes 20 seconds.

Also in future shows, you want to explain why you didn't use the 5MP setting as some may be wondering. ie explain that it is interpolated and it is better to always use the native sensor resolution.

Keep them coming! We need more good video reviews of these products!
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2006, 6:30 AM   #6

1. show no. 3 when I made the vid the 1st part was an actual demo of how to take a still shot.........

when the sound dropped and I am saying ' now that we made ou picture , we're goingto print them out on the pc' at 2 min 20 sec

I went to a mic on windows movie maker and narated. I was off the camcorder and on the pc. It would be useless to show pictures with a camcorder of a picture. I had to snap it in a still and display.

It is a two part show 3.

some of the features and functions may be miss matched menu button may be the mode, etc......

2. the Tripod that was used with the camera is from Mustek.com and will fit some of the aipteks, andother models and brands, it was n ot intended to truely fit al cameras just used as an example

3. I may have said makesure you set the 5meg defualt to 3 meg. and not explained

I may have to redo my videos, but want to keep down the size and under 10 min's it may bore others. but

I myself, am having fun doing it........................

Old Oct 15, 2006, 6:56 AM   #7

@fishy

you are doing great
jam11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2006, 11:51 AM   #8

I have a remade show coming up at around 9 min's long of show 3 I think it is and have more info provided hope you like look for it within 2 hours or less
Old Oct 15, 2006, 1:06 PM   #9

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhAiVGDHvP0

Show 3 updatedclick me

As Rgv pointed out I missed an Important descuision, what is Interpolation

Interpolation can be reviewed online, and I remade the video,

segiments are as follows interpolation, how to snap a still shot, andshowing the stills of the IS-DV

a little bit of video trick photograghy was done, in the movie

you'll see me snapping the Northern Flicker, with the Is-dv even thought it was taken with the MPVr it is still of Aipteks brand. 1 meg will not make any difference in interpolation. as well as showing a cropped still with interpolate enhancing.
Old Oct 15, 2006, 3:44 PM   #10

hi

GREAT JOB

welldone Fishy

u r the best
kimof0911 is offline   Reply With Quote