Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Nov 6, 2006, 5:06 PM   #11

I can't say that I have found the zoom mechanism noisy but to be fair, most of the times I have used it, it has been in fairly noisy environments whether it be people talking or wind. Even so I would have expected to at least hear it at some point. I mean if it is there, then it is certainly not objectionable and unlike a tape device the noise would only occur when you are zooming whereas the former might introduce a whine into the recordings all the time. The tape noise I kept hearing about from Canon camcorders put me off even though they are supposed to be one of the best miniDV format devices out there.

The autofocus has a locking facility which can be used to stop the autofocus from hunting and I haven't explored that fully yet. There are always going to be certain scenes where the autofocus doesn't work properly since most digital devices rely on contrast which means they will get caught out now and then in uniform scenes.

I had a super 8 camera that used to also have occasional problems with autofocus and it's something you learn to live with though obviously if it did it all the time, then it would be defective and useless.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2006, 4:58 PM   #12

The MZ DV is now on the Aiptek USA (aiptek.com) site for $199. No added extras except free ground shipping.
Old HACer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2006, 5:38 PM   #13

did the 2-6 week waiting dissappear ? I was checking that out?
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2006, 9:27 PM   #14

No mention of a delay om aiptek.com, but that doesn't mean there isn't one. Amazon/Target now say backorder until Dec 31.

New model also - VS DV (ISDV3) - ISDV2 with upgrade to 5 MP sensor and added 720X480 @ 20fps video mode.
Old Dec 2, 2006, 5:44 AM   #15

I tel you I lookedat the sites yesterday , I missed this by a few minutes

Is there a link b/c I cannot find one OLdhacer.

Is the is-dv3 the same as the is-dv2 but ssiwval?

overseas site is a swival and around 9 meg

[align=justify]The VS-DV camcorder from Aiptek pays close attention to detail, and lets you do the same with a maximum resolution of 8 mega pixels. The image stabilizer and red-eye reduction make it ideal for the first-time videographer. Record videos at 20 frames per second in MPEG-4 Super VHS quality (720x480 D1 resolution) with sound. On top of all this, it's an MP3 player, voice recorder, and web cam. It also comes with 16MB of internal memory, and has a built-in SD card slot that can hold up to 2GB of additional information.[/align]

8megapixal rather a11 megapixal, 2.5 inch screengues this is the way they tease us. offering a swival overseas. and offering widescreen over here, as well overseas.

Tell you, those who Purchase these newdevices and never research online , will be suprised.

If there is a way for me, or us to grab one the T300. Yahoo, if not boo hoo.

Old Dec 15, 2006, 2:21 AM   #16

Got an email ad from Fidelity, a division of Aiptek. Until Dec 28, they are selling the MZ-DV, a 2GB SD card, a mini travel speaker, and 20 sheets of 8 1/2 X 11 photo paper for $199. For an extra $49, you can upgrade the 2GB card to a 4GB card.
Old Dec 15, 2006, 6:32 AM   #17

The MX-dv 8 meg is a good buy for 199 and 2 gig card ,paper ,and a speaker.

249.00 for the 4 gig card as well.

rather Purchase the Zoom-dv6 drop down 2 mb sensor , 2 meg interpolation resolution. is nothing at all.

Do not thin I'll geta full 100 minutes or 80 on a full cahrge , let alone 179/160 on a 2 gig card,

But i'll be pass widescreen up for sure 720x 489, thought widescreen was 720x540?

It is a big cnoice as you read? lowest res on the MZ-dv is 640x480, no more worrying about 320x240? a great thing?

But has Aiptek Fixed the issues?

OldHacer great for pointing this out? now we know the camera is at the stores around 179.00 andwill drop down in the future to 150.

a 56.00 pkg hmm

I think I want a remote control. an ac adaptor and a 1 gig card lol

[line]

Zoom DV-6 + 1GB SD Card & Mini Travel Speaker

5-in-1 Multi-Function Digital Camera, Digital Video Recorder, MP3 Player, Digital Voice Recorder, and Removable Hard Disk 149-

[align=left]
I think the Zoom - dv6 is a better bargain

1 gig card sells for at the site 25.00

speaker travl 11.99
free noise blocking head set if its the nano speaker?

paper 16.99
a teddy bear free 6.00

and why not a 2.00 baseball cap optinal?

[/align]
Old Jan 9, 2007, 9:38 AM   #18

Hi, first timer

I bought a Vupoint hybrid at Overstock. Took some close-up video in low light and noticed the video delay with the audio. Am thinking of sending it back and getting the dv zoom or mz dv. Do you think that they will have the same issue? Thanks.
value505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2007, 1:21 PM   #19

Value

earlier models have vid/aud in aiptek. the mpvr so I do not know anymore n the MZ-Dv 720x540 and 640x480 res updated for widescreen tvs
Old Jan 10, 2007, 5:15 AM   #20

Do you know if there is any editing software that can correct the aud/vid synch problem?
value505 is offline   Reply With Quote