Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Feb 26, 2007, 4:50 AM   #41

I can tell you this, owningthe MPVr , I am super hppy, Priceless moments forsure, as it gets older i get more tempted to look for a better smaller model, like the casio exislim models, but no matter what we own we'll still knit pick

Moire effect has been around for ages, was wathingablack andwhite and it was there to.

fixed over focused i go with a fixed. no adjusting every second.

I have tried cameras like the kodack z612 auto focus, to my olympus auto focus, my olympus was alot better but lacked the quality of resolution and limited to time.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2007, 2:53 PM   #42

shoot it on this if you can, yes it is from 1920 a real one at that, so do you think the moire effect exsists. i would have tried my best to film something for ya, but I be there all day LOL

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2007, 9:10 PM   #43

Well there's nitpicking and there's basic standards of operation. I am going to keep this camera but I certainly want to get the best performance I can out of it because quite honestly the results I am getting now are barely acceptable. But they are getting better as I learn the limitations of the unit.

BTW I just read back earlier, and to clarify, the MZ-DV has 3 resolution settings, QVGA (320x240), VGA (680x480) and D1 (720x480).
mzdvguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2007, 10:13 PM   #44

mzdvguy,

Out of curosity, does the MZ-DV have a wide screen mode, like the Zoom DV, or did this feature get dropped with the addition of D1 resolution?
Old HACer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2007, 10:44 PM   #45

It does indeed have widescreen (16:9) mode; I rather enjoy it from time to time
Old Mar 2, 2007, 6:09 AM   #46

I have posted a few samples in the samples thread, have a look and let me know what you think.
Old Mar 2, 2007, 9:29 AM   #47

If you mute the sound, the first video clip especially, reminds me of when I played around with super 8 cine film
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2007, 4:36 PM   #48

I don't know if I'm seeing things, but it seems to be not as detailed, smooth (frame-to-frame motion) and focused as the MPVR shots I've seen. What do you think?
Old Mar 2, 2007, 7:14 PM   #49

mzdvguy wrote:
Quote:
I have posted a few samples in the samples thread, have a look and let me know what you think.
I sure wish I had the 720x480 resolution, optical zoom, 4GB SD capability etc... I am jealous. I thought macro mode (CLIP0110) looked good and focused.
powerpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2007, 2:14 AM   #50

Yes, the macro mode has been pretty good, and it's part of the reason why I continue to be disappointed by the wide-angle scenics.

When you activate the Macro mode, it zooms the lens in a bit or somehow moves the optics a bit.