Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Nov 2, 2006, 7:49 PM   #1

Not sure what the "new" Aiptek MZ-DV really is. My guess its another name for the 8800/PVR. Not yet available.

Old HACer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 2, 2006, 8:35 PM   #2

You mean this one?: http://tinyurl.com/wffku

It looks like it is to the Zoom DV as the PVR is to the MPVR.

I only hope that it doesn't have the same flawed firmware as the PVR.

Have you noticed how the new Aiptek models appear for sale over here before you can see them on Aiptek USA's website?

rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2006, 10:14 PM   #3

Thanks for the new link. The ad on target.com didn't mention the 3X optical zoom. Funny, Amazon has it under Electronics but not under Camera and Photo, where I usually search. I wonder what it is/will be called in Asia and Europe?
Old HACer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2006, 3:32 PM   #4

Excellent find it was a matter of a few monthsfor this bad boy to pop up, 6600 to 8800 mpvr to pvr

zoom dv to mz-dv

is-dv to is-dv2

I exspecto to see a mx-dv out in a few months

I say stand clear until Aiptek fixs the glitchs it's funny this camcorder was on production while we were descussing issues and by spring of 2007 al glitchs will be fixed. my eye is on another company.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2006, 12:29 PM   #5

Interesting to think that my new Sanyo C40 is now $199.99 on Radioshack of all places (normally in the past I have found them to be more expensive than other places) which is the same price as this new Aiptek so they had better make sure their device is working properly as more well known manufacturers start to encroach on their space.
Old Nov 6, 2006, 12:55 PM   #6

200.00 you sure i think after taxs andshipping it is not worth for me to invest yet
Old Nov 6, 2006, 1:19 PM   #7

fishycomics. Well ok on amazon.com you don't pay taxes I grant you, but that is to do with the retailer rather than the manufacturer and it *has* been $199.99 on amazon.com so a much better deal
Old Nov 6, 2006, 3:08 PM   #8

so true so true , battery life is criticle 60 minutes? wow?
Old Nov 6, 2006, 3:45 PM   #9

I have to say that I personally much prefer how the battery is charged on the Sanyo ie directly in the device like you would a cellphone plus it has a separate SD card door meaning you don't need to wear out the battery cover to access them. If you want to charge it like the Aiptek, ie outside then you can buy this as an optional accessory.

The battery seems to last about as long as the Aiptek from my informal unscientific tests ie when I went to Mexico, I shot a bunch of photos and short videos so I am not too bothered by battery life. I probably won't be ujsing it to record a birthday party for instance. It's more for short clips of my son and family members which it does very well.
Old Nov 6, 2006, 4:35 PM   #10

reading the specs that is what caught my eye.

1 aiptek lasts 1 hr 40 minutes brand new 3Face claimed longer,

as the Aiptek wears down it wil lesser in life the battery time

750 mah I know you can upgrade higher

2 on/off and short clips are great not disagreeing at all, but once you start to Zoom and its machanicla it will wear faster the record or batt time.

3 my JVC sworn it said 5 hr recharge, and 3 hour battery time?

yes it sure did on the site box etc but the camera info tells different 1 hr 30 minute

well you know what

I am happy ypu're happy

I am hapy I have 32 optical zoom on tape like to have that on sd to but 5x plus is fine

last question when you zoom do you get interference noise like gears or electronics like Jam does?

and I noticed your other video the Auto focus is off by a hair ittries to focus at times?

but again Priceless peice of machinery

maybt at 180 i'll grab one not now

Aiptek no way.