Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Nov 7, 2006, 10:28 PM   #1

amazon.com is a genuine aladdins cave or Santa's Grotto when it comes to finding all sorts of weird and wonderful goodies.

How about this one:

Megxon MT6 8 Megapixels (8MP) Digital Camera 3X Optical Zoom lenses/Mp3 player/Camcorder/Voice Recorder

http://www.amazon.com/Megxon-MT6-Meg...;s=electronics

Info here: http://www.megxon.com/techsupp/downl...6/MT6_supp.htm
Data Sheet here: http://www.megxon.com/techsupp/downl...Data_Sheet.jpg

Although called a digital camera, it easily qualifies as a hybrid if you look at the spec.

rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 9, 2006, 1:10 AM   #2

Yes, this looks like a very full-featured camera. I saw a Polaroid dsc advertised today, with MP3, for only $100cdn. Since there are so many cameras easily classified as hybrids these days, I'm not even going to try to keep track of the dsc's with hybrid characteristics. So far I'm falling back on the characteristic of hybrids having a fold-out screen. But even that's partly arbitrary. Oh well, no one's paying me for this.....
sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2006, 8:32 AM   #3

sgspirit wrote:
Quote:
Yes, this looks like a very full-featured camera. I saw a Polaroid dsc advertised today, with MP3, for only $100cdn. Since there are so many cameras easily classified as hybrids these days, I'm not even going to try to keep track of the dsc's with hybrid characteristics. So far I'm falling back on the characteristic of hybrids having a fold-out screen. But even that's partly arbitrary. Oh well, no one's paying me for this.....
Yes I see what you mean, that they look like a regular camcorder. What features do we consider to make a hybrid? I mean if a camera has everything except mp3 playback, is it a hybrid? How about a camera that *only* has mp3 playback in addition to video/still capability!At the other end of the scale is thatmy Minolta, as do many cameras these days, has voice recording ability to add notes to images, yet I wouldn't consider it in anyway a hybrid for instance.

I think for me, a 'classic' hybrid currently is any device that looks like a miniature camcorder yet has mp3 playback in addition at a minimum.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2006, 9:16 AM   #4

What is a hybrid; I never considered the fold out screen as part of it, but I guess it can be anything that you want since there is no official designation. There is an entire spectrum of cameras that approach being a hybrid...

Samsung NV3; MP3, stills, MPEG movies, play external movies, TV out, earbuds, stereo speakers, webcam etc. but no fold out screen. I'd call it a hybrid because it has all the features.

Sanyo C40 (I just bought one) and others in the series, MPEG4 movies, fold out screen, webcam, stills, but no MP3, but sure looks like a hybrid.

There are a LOT of cameras that have most of the features except MP3 these days.

I guess that the name of this forum implies that you have to have MP3

brachiopod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2006, 10:45 AM   #5

Hybrid

consist of more than 1 function to the camera

if it can take a photo onl not a hybrid

if it can take a video only not ahybrid

if it is a mp3 player only not a hybrid

but once you start to add other functions like picture and voice on picture it is a hybrid it is multi functional.

screen or no fold
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote