Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Nov 9, 2006, 4:14 PM   #11

640 x 480 Pixels (VGA) up to 11 fps
352 x 288 Pixels (QVGA) up to 30 fps

http://www.aiptek.com/Merchant2/merc...;Store_Code=AS

Is-dv

up to 30 fps both formats
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2006, 4:29 PM   #12

p3aul wrote:
Quote:
Is the Is-DV the same as the 5100f? These model numbers they use are so confusing!
I think it was the 5100f that I had. it had a full sized CF card slot in the front.
Paul

No totally different models. It has a full 640x480/30fps which is the same resolution as a regular non high definition camcorder. Also newer devices only use SD cards now. In fact I think all digital cameras now use SD cards except for the high end Digital SLR's.

rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2006, 2:26 PM   #13

Sorry rgvcam, it has taken a while to get back to you. I can't find the IG-DV locally. Target has the IG-DV 2. Is it as good as the IG-DV? I was told there would absolutley be no refund from Target if I didn't like it. So I have to know if it's as good as the IG-DV.
Thanks,
Paul
p3aul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2006, 2:56 PM   #14

No the IS-DV2 does not have the swivelling screen which I found annoying when I tried it. Target said they would not refund your money? Well that's news to me as I returned mine! They might, of course, charge you a restocking fee though.

Store Return Policy from Targets Website (Bold italics mine):

Target Stores Return Policy
We will issue a full refund for most items returned within 90 days in new condition, with the original receipt or packing slip, packaging and accessories.
Also, please note:
  • Music, movies, video games, software and collectibles must be returned unopened.[/*]
  • Camcorders, digital cameras, portable DVD players and portable electronics are subject to a 15% restocking fee.[/*]
  • Holiday and Seasonal merchandise on clearance at the time of the return will be refunded at the current clearance price.[/*]
  • Any purchase made by check may be refunded as a merchandise voucher.[/*]
  • Refund value for each item returned will be reduced to reflect value of free gift or discount.[/*]
  • Other restrictions may apply.[/*]
I would order the IS-DV online.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2006, 4:12 PM   #15

online is harder to return offline at stores there are restocking fees 15% but are passed .

is-dv2 is a sweet looking hybrid has excellent features but lack the ability to see a 1.5 inch screen and super hard to see in direct sunlight

Cbestbuy has the Is-dv and will charge 15 for stocking fee

it is worth it if you realy plab it outright
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote