Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Nov 19, 2006, 7:01 AM   #1

bestBuy has again the PVr up for sale

1 Target has a branded model called the MPVR+ and is the same exact hybrid? 150

2 bestbuy has the PVr orginal model with issues? 90.00

Which do you go for ?

well If you preferre Black, like some members then you're in for a great discount. If you want to find out if the silver one is a newer model, with no issues you are gambeling 50.00-60.00 away

there will be no price matching b/c PVR,MPVR+ go fish?

I am happy I returned my Is-DV2 at the right time.

I would grab the PVR for 10.00 more get everything upgraded from what I have

1 same screen size, 2 mb size bigger sensor, 2 interpolated megs, , sterio input.

then what do I do with my MPVR , I rather say pass. I'll cross my fingers andwait for the MPVR+ to drop down to 88.00

Like I mentioned befor I will place the 86.55 in a pot, and add 15.00 to the pot or add 95.00 to the pot and wait. I'll build up some bonus points with target for an extra discount when on sale

basically If you want a great deal now is the time to grab it, andwhen you do, tell the sales person , not to place the 15% rstocking sticker on thebox, but to make note that thecamera already has an issue, andnote it if not fixedin the model as I purchased , a full refund is in order? get hissigniture for back up............

Buyer beware aiptek PVr has not ben fixed, while the MPVR+ is released, may have same issues as well, be cautioned , and get a signiture for full refunds if Purchased

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 19, 2006, 7:40 AM   #2

Well considering that I have had no reply so far to my email to Aiptek asking about whether the MPVR+ still has the same issue, suggests that it probably does. Of course, if someone buys one and can test it to verify this, that would be even better.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2006, 7:58 AM   #3

As we know, that particular member or guest , must stumble apon Stevescamerafoums.com

And it'll be like waiting for your reply from Ray?

Old Nov 19, 2006, 8:54 AM   #4

I saw this Aiptek DVR on sale this morning, and almost bought it, but I wanted to do a little research first. I just want a simple camcorder for my son to fool around with, (he's 15), since I don't want him always using my expensive camcorder. This would be his alone.

Anyway, I saw this one on the Best Buy site this morning, but the only thing I'm wondering is.... can I order the optional A/C cord for this? On the Aiptek web site, they have the A/C cord for the MPVR.

My question is: Do you thing the MPVR is the same as the PVR? All I want to know is if I can plug an optional a/c cord into the Best Buy PVR model, but I can't seem to find anything about it on the Internet, or the specs.

Anyone know? Thanks in advance!

SheilaG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2006, 9:48 AM   #5

1 the mpvr is the same yes

there is a remote control ac adaptor and more it all works.......

if you are handy you can mod a ac adaptor but it's best to on the correct stuff.

for your son it is a perfect gift. at 89.00 the price will not drop lower.
Old Nov 19, 2006, 10:11 AM   #6

Yes I have noticed on aiptek.com that they don't list the PVR and MPVR+ as aliases to the DV8800 model and sent this in my email as well. It's all a a marketing game since there is no reason why they couldn't just call it a DV8800 which is what it is.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2006, 11:03 AM   #7

We already know that Aiptek/USA does not supply dv8800 or its other named ones

it holds true for overseas to USA.

we should be happy we were able to recieve the PVr in "BLACK" while they offered this camera at 199.99 in red, and silver as well.

For 89.97 you are going to argue to it's off the market.

Here We are advising guests and members, of a great deal at it's lowest price that one can afford today and Until Xmas.

Our Brick stores supply Aiptek, and I am grateful just for that.

a great hand me down. hybrid. just a buyers beware with no fix in the future like I mentioned above