Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Nov 26, 2006, 11:48 AM   #11

Made my return trip today, looking to advance to a better dig still kodack 12 300.00

casio exislim 200-300, or canon 540, or holding off

As I go throug hthe store this still will be an Indoor situation forthose to decide very ambple lighting

After the full early sale there are a big suplly left by us

1.http://media.putfile.com/mpvr-still-in-stores

2. http://media.putfile.com/walking-46

3 http://media.putfile.com/CLIP0008-98

Notice 24 sec-30 the water how it was like blurred , also note at the beginning the boat in the distance as the prismaticeffect

It is normal on MPEG4 to do this on all economy hybrids in my opinion

MPVR filming 1501 firmware
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2006, 7:17 PM   #12

I think the review is just OK.

It gives visual data for the reader to draw his own conclusions, but doesn't go into any detail about the results, explaining differences, or tell us what we're seeing or how it compares to other types of recorders.

Thanks for the data anyhow! What's there is useful.
CompGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2006, 9:12 PM   #13

CompGeek wrote:
Quote:
I think the review is just OK.

It gives visual data for the reader to draw his own conclusions, but doesn't go into any detail about the results, explaining differences, or tell us what we're seeing or how it compares to other types of recorders.

Thanks for the data anyhow! What's there is useful.
1http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/view_topic.php?id=101786&forum_id=92

2.http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=92

3. http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/view_topic.php?id=102566&forum_id=92

CompGeek, thank you for the Pm.

Above, you'll find the orginal review. The MPVR 2k6 will be in great detail, did you review it?

To repeat the whole review for the PVr,pkdvr, and MPVR+, would only be repeating one's self.

On the MPVR+, it is a revamped MPVR2k6 from sept 2005, without a logo. The next model of the MPVR+ wil have an AIptek stamp inside its interior body.

On a special note ,this hybrid is a Mono /sterio device, while the pvr is a sterio/sterio device. Allowing to record , av input sterio, while the MPVR+ av input mono.

I write my reviews based on a real persons take, and try my best to help others. If it is not to one's likings then so be it. Never offended, just trying my best.

last note I type with the lights off :Gcoma periods I try my best but not a heavy person on keys.
Old Nov 26, 2006, 9:27 PM   #14

All cool man, all cool. I'll check that review, thanks.
CompGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2006, 4:49 PM   #15

Just bought the MPVR+ at Target ( $98 Deal for this week 12/17/2006 to 12/24/2006) and I couldn't be happier with the sleek little gadget, its image quality and all round usability. I would recommend this to anyone.

Just want to take a moment to thank you guys on ths forum (especially fishycomics)for making my buying decision easier.

Regards

Andy
ramasua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2006, 5:18 PM   #16

you're welcomed. enjoy the fun
Old Dec 31, 2006, 2:46 AM   #17

Wow, like was that on sale or what. I got my MPVR+ last night and had to pay 149.00 plus tax. You got a deal paying what you paid. And to add, I was really set back at how good a quality of video this little device takes. I am no pro with camcorders, in fact this is my first. But my father in law has a JVC miniDV model GR-D244U and i can't tell that much of a difference. For our vids of our baby boy, the dog playing in the yard, and family gatherings, this is all i need. I am really impressed. Love mine. And thanks for this forum. It really helped me in deciding to purchase one of these point and shoot devices. Thanks, Mike.
Hangdogdaddy38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2007, 1:25 PM   #18

You say it will accept even higher sd card than 2gig. Are you sure on this. As if you are I will purchase a 4gig card for it. I got one for christmas and i just want to make sure I don't fry it by putting a larger card in it. Hope you give a reply. Thanks, Mike.
Hangdogdaddy38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2007, 4:50 PM   #19

Fishycomics, I just got my mpvr+ for $97 and I love it it just I ran out of battery my last time out (saturday) and you said that the battery for a nokia 8210 would work, and I was checking on ebay and I saw a few that listed 900mah or even 1200mah. While the battery that came with the mpvr is 850mah would having a higher amperage battery hurt the camera or work even?
deathblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2007, 4:59 PM   #20

no not at all.

the one I have is the Nk 8290 3.6vdc and there is not one thing that says its higher or lower on it

I believe it is 900 -1100mah

the mah can be higher for sure and you may get a longer battery life in the camera

the charger may not fully charge it and may hurt it . not at al it will work just fine