Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Dec 2, 2006, 6:03 AM   #1

The VS-DV camcorder from Aiptek pays close attention to detail, and lets you do the same with a maximum resolution of 8 mega pixels. The image stabilizer and red-eye reduction make it ideal for the first-time videographer. Record videos at 20 frames per second in MPEG-4 Super VHS quality (720x480 D1 resolution) with sound. On top of all this, it's an MP3 player, voice recorder, and web cam. It also comes with 16MB of internal memory, and has a built-in SD card slot that can hold up to 2GB of additional information

The same hybrid a 11megapixal Interpolated.I believe those who are looking to purchase the Vs-DV3 should not!

[align=left]
PocketDV T300

Extend Your Entertainment

Cannot imagine the big 2.5 inch LCD on a small PocketDV T300. There are also many features within PocketDV T300. VGA resolution recorded with 30 frames per second is only the basic outfit of PocketDV T300. It could be a digital camera, a MP3 player, an audio recorder, and a PC camera. What's more! With lyrics display function, you can practice your favorite songs anytime and anywhere.[/align]

[align=justify]6-in-1 Multi-Function Design:
DV, DSC, MP3 Player, Voice Recorder, Webcam, and Mass Storage Device.
[/align]

The720x480, D1 up to 30fps; 640x480, VGA up to 30fps; 320x240, QVGA up to 30fps

[align=justify]Max. Resolution up to 8 Mega-Pixel:
Equipped with 5 mega-pixel CMOS sensor, the still image resolution of the VS-DV is enhanced to 8 mega pixels. Macro lens enables high quality close ups. Print 4" x 6", 5" x 7", or even 8" x 10" photos!
[/align]

[align=justify]High Compression MPEG-4 for Recording Movies:
Easily record D1 (720 x 480) video clips at 20 frames per second with MPEG-4 technology. Prolongs recording time and offers professional camcorder frame rate.
[/align]

[align=justify]Digital Video Stabilization:
Advanced Digital Video Stabilization Technology lets you get the most of your shots. Compensates for slight movements so you can get the best video every time!
[/align]

[align=justify]Stereo MP3 Player:
Easily load your favorite MP3 files and playback the music directly or enjoy stereo sound via the headset!
[/align]

[align=justify]1.5" TFT Color LCD Display:
Review and playback video clips and pictures in real time.
[/align]

[align=justify]LED Lights:
Built-in LED lights for video recording in dark/low light situations.
[/align]

[align=justify]Flash Strobe w/ Red Eye Reduction:
Built-in flash strobe allows you to take snapshots in low-light conditions. Includes red eye reduction.
[/align]

[align=justify]Digital Zoom:
4x real time digital zoom allows you to Zoom In/Out while recording video!
[/align]

[align=justify]Playback Options:
Connect the VS-DV to your TV/VCR to playback video clips and/or pictures, or playback directly on the color LCD.
[/align]

[align=justify]Removable Hard Disk and SD/MMC Card Reader:
In addition to the internal memory, the VS-DV also allows you to expand the memory capacity to record, snapshot, and listen to more songs. Store any type of data on the camera and take it with you. It works like a Removable Hard Disk and SD/MMC Card Reader!
[/align]

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 2, 2006, 10:38 AM   #2

Fishycomics,

This doesn't look like the T300 to me. It looks like it is an IS-DV2 with a 5MP CMOS sensor instead of 3MP. Notice the LCD doesn't swivel and that they list it as only 1.5" instead of the 2.4" one on the T300. It seems like this is just yet another minor upgrade to the IS-DV2/T100 ie like the PVR/MPVR+/DV8800(and whatever else they what to call them!) was to the MPVR.

Aiptek VS-DV MPEG4
http://www.aiptek.com/Merchant2/merc...;Store_Code=AS

Aiptek T300
http://www.aiptek.com.tw/english/product/dv/dvt300.htm

rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2006, 11:04 AM   #3

Thanx rgv.

I did mention the T300 is the better model to Purchase and that is well worth purchasing , over a modified IS-DV2.

It is useless to purchase updated versions of the same design if they already have the newest one on the market. The T300.

thank you for clearing up the topic?
Old Dec 2, 2006, 11:34 AM   #4

Yes, the T300 is a better choice than the VS DV, but the T300 isgrey market in theUSA,:sad:
Old HACer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2006, 12:03 PM   #5

if again a member who can grab a hold of one to Purchase would be wonderful.
Old Dec 2, 2006, 12:09 PM   #6

It begs the question, why don't they just sell the T300 instead of coming up with an inbetween model? The only difference being the better swivel LCD.

I am guessing this is a marketing ploy, to milk the consumer market ie bring out models with smaller incremental changes ie first a larger 5MP sensor and then later on the swivel LCD.

It reminds me of DVD's where they bring out a regular DVD and then a 'collectors edition' way *after* the original. That way they get more money for those that buy the original. They space the release out just long enough so that those who can't wait will buy both.

I have to say, that until I get a response from Aiptek about new firmware for my PVR I won't be buying another Aiptek for a while anyway.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2006, 12:44 PM   #7

it is upsetting yes. Aiptek if you're reviewing , watch out we want this hybrid in replacement of our defective one's for fre, with out returning the old one .

who's with me?