Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Dec 13, 2006, 3:34 PM   #1

Hello. The Forums are awesome. Long time lurker and first time poster. I am looking to get the Aiptek MPVR. Essentially, just looking for a camera that I can use to make vids for Youtube like websites as well as recording cartoons/tv shows an transferring them to my pc to watch on my pc as mpeg files. I am really interested in the 'record from tv/dvd' option. After recording these...I want to watch them on my pc as mpegs/video files. How huge are the files? Is this camera good for that as well as using to record vids under a minute for up load on youtube like sites? What digital cams(under $250) would you good people reccomend for this primary style of usuage? Thanks and again..the forums are very informing. Cheers

bronzegriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 13, 2006, 5:23 PM   #2

bronzegriotCheers means you're in the US or not big reason why , I'll explain is a sec why I mention that........

Welcome aboard bronzegriot, The mPVR,PVR dv6800 or 8800

I Menton above , where are you from Domestic, USA, or Overseas?

Cheers can mean overseas mostly andcommon likeGood day for australia. and bye forUSA etc................

Not trying to sound Off key.............

1. Bestbuy in the USA has the PVR (dv8800) for 89 or 99 bucks and I pick that one up

sterio input av input. it'll film exactly what you're asking forr, ratherspending 50 % more on a mpvr,

2 File size 1 mb per 10 secs I believe

a sd card of 1 gig will get you 48 minutes of video

100 meg will get you 19 minutes of video for youtube

3 always Film in the highest quality, and you may usewin moviemaker and save as high quality small

Youtube preferres files to be320x240 and under 100 mb.

Al my videos are on youutube and Putfilehere are two clips I believe will show some output for you not cartoons sorry,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsP5Z-9sraE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KecHJ_NWIQs
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2006, 9:02 PM   #3

In the Us :lol:but I know what ya mean. Ok, so this sounds like the cam for me. I see that either of these will suit my needs based on your feedback. I will assume that the quality of let us say a 30min episode of The Superfriends, should play back on as an mpeg in quality comparable to your youtube vids shown./? Also, when I record the videos, you note that I would need to downgrade the size of the video using win moviemaker. I take it that this program will make the vids a smaller size while maintaining fairly similiar clarity? Also, has the sync issue I have read about been corrected with this model. Again, thanks and cheers govenor!
Old Dec 13, 2006, 9:37 PM   #4

sorry I leftsome info out. a lot to answer LOL

Mpeg4 asd Format .

will not need to downsze. nut you can save either 1.5 kbps or high quality small

yep no matter what Aiptek Mpvr model it is you'll have some issues.

the chip is and I forgot already it is in the aiptek removal section Zoran something like that not the best one, toshiba is better LOL

for 99 bucks I grab one but for some that is a lot of dough.beggers cannot bechosy

and its a start.
Old Dec 18, 2006, 2:25 PM   #5

Thanks for the feedback. So other than the 1)MPVR and the 2)PVR, which digital camcorder models allow for recording from tv/dvd/vcr than which the files are able to be loaded on PC for playback as mpegs. So far, as I scan the boards I see the above two only...are there anymore that has that feature?
Old Dec 18, 2006, 3:01 PM   #6

the Aiptek records ASF format not mpeg

any hybrid camera that has an av input
Old Dec 18, 2006, 3:02 PM   #7

Does any of the models record to mpeg? Is .asf better? Can .asf files be uploaded to video websites like youtube,ect?
Old Dec 18, 2006, 4:08 PM   #8

ypu may want to check canon 60 fps models.
Old Dec 18, 2006, 5:39 PM   #9

Ok, so look for "canon 60fps" ? What is the full name of the model? Thanks
Old Dec 18, 2006, 6:22 PM   #10

research is a key

an av input device is needed for what you want, the MPVR is that. any av input device. repeated info sorry.

cannon is a jpeg picture frame [er second is it better hmm