Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Mar 21, 2008, 5:18 AM   #11

overlooked, we do that most the time here
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2008, 4:37 PM   #12

I have exactly same problem with my DV5700 (IS-DV), maybe this is common problem with turnable LCD screens? I guess that Aiptek uses very cheap wires so they broke easily and wires could not take so much wear and tear. I opened my camera but this kind of occasional wire contact failure is very hard to discover and repair, I just let it be. Sometimes it works and usually not.

Tggrimler wrote:
Quote:
Hey, that mod is a neat idea but I actually was more curious about how you dissassembled the LCD housing. I've had my IS-DV for a few years now and suddenly it is showing signs that there may be something wrong in the hinge portion of the LCD, perhaps a wire broke from opening and closing. Whenever I turn it on I have to adjust the screen and gently push/pull it out to make the images appear, otherwise it's just a white screen.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to figure out how to open that portion of the camera up without using a little bit of unneccesary force. Got any pointers??

I noticed two screws on the inside hinge of the lcd, I bet I have to figure out how to remove those but I have no idea. Let me know how you did it. Thanks.

Also, to cut down on the wind you might try covering the mic with some kind of fur, fake or real. Of course it would need to be held together by a sort of mesh instead of leather so fake is likely your only real option. It works for tellevision boom mics so it should at least do something to cut down on the wind if not completely.
Quenaelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2008, 4:43 PM   #13

Used mine over and over. never have and stil do not have any issues. how hard are you treating these things

wires are ribbon cables super thin, it is not the cable that breaks its the oxidation on the contacts

but we are all guessing
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2008, 5:12 PM   #14

Good to hear that, my camera was indeed a bit abused :G

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
Used mine over and over. never have and stil do not have any issues. how hard are you treating these things

wires are ribbon cables super thin, it is not the cable that breaks its the oxidation on the contacts

but we are all guessing
Quenaelin is offline   Reply With Quote