Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jan 11, 2007, 12:49 PM   #1

Hello all......first time poster

I just bought the Aiptek 5700 IS-DV on ebay with everything, a bag, and tripod for $80 (not bad i suppose, but you tell me if I got a bad deal). I've read that most, if not all hybrids are not great in indoor situations. Most claim it to be bad in 'low light' situations.

However, I plan on doing some shooting inside, but mostly for casual purposesat my house. How good does this work say in these situations:

- Morning/Day time with regualr 60-75 watt bulbs (1-2 per average size room)

- Night time same lighting as above

If the picture is bad, is it at least somewhat correctable with good software? I use Adobe Premiere and Encore to make DVDs in a somewhat professional fashion (for my church and friends....nothing paid though), so I have some decent ability with the software to edit my material.

I know there is a review for it by Fishy which was very helpful, but I didnt catch too much on lighting (unless I missed it). Any thoughts?
scape211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 11, 2007, 2:46 PM   #2

http://youtube.com/watch?v=2i8IJfFyXGcmpvr.

http://media.putfile.com/Movie-0009-26 Is-DV I used Win moviemaker and increased 6x bighnes.

I know I place my reflector lamp I get light

I rather someone else come foward with videos.

you already own, or pending. and if you own you already know the answer:G

not great. even the camcorder can do better in ways
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2007, 6:42 PM   #3

my camera is pending, which is why I ask. I do plan on doing my indoor shooting, but mostly for reference purposes (Im going to animate stuff on my computer from the video I take).

but aside from that, I dont know what I'll use it for.

Thanks for the shots fishy, are those with all your lights on in the house? The front hallway looked good, was that only due to natural sunlight?
Old Jan 11, 2007, 8:32 PM   #4

2pm sun in the back as I start out i am in the front dark no light then I edit with brightness. then go to the back no need to show editing with light there.

but when I head into the front and you ssee the light go on that is all you are gonna see.

the 1st vid I show of the rc truck is a reflector light

when most members say i have they pend, it is best to say in your post it is pending LOL i d onot mind I called thebluff andnew before i answered?

hope you do enjoy the model. any hints I can give you do not film with the sunin front of you it will be a darker video
Old Jan 11, 2007, 10:27 PM   #5

Sorry I didnt mention I was pending....my bad.

Well, hopefully I can play with things a bit to get some decent shots with/without light. I know there are limitations with the camera so Im not expecting the best, but I do like to tinker, so Im not afraid to find its limitations.

Rest assured that if I find anything interesting when playing with it, I'll post what I find. Thanks for the help!
Old Jan 12, 2007, 6:24 AM   #6

It is a freat gadge, and off the markests in m area only store I see that has 1 isBB abd it is an Open boxsince November,

sold for 109. open 99-110

you'll like the camera if you're new to the scene. i would habe opted fora better model, but I already own a few. an avi input is imporanttoday and 920x540 is the up to date feature, as well as optical zoom

ebay o not

see if the member left any pics or vids in the camera mine did LOL
Old Jan 12, 2007, 12:22 PM   #7

Im new to the hybrid scene, but not the overall video scene. I'm still going to have tons of fun with this guy and keep my eyes open for better hybrid deals if I come across them.

haha, good thought on seeing if he left anything good.....I'll post if i find anything incriminating
Old Jan 12, 2007, 1:34 PM   #8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvAMgb-cSq0

my latest video.

you'll see it is all filmed with the IS-dv and Wmm used side by side variation xmls

yes my ebay person left afew facial shots. and now I own the better version , check the firmware out it is in the firmware section, and let us know what it is? have loads of fun
Old Jan 14, 2007, 4:11 PM   #9

Nice video. Is that TATU playing in the back?
Old Jan 14, 2007, 4:35 PM   #10

do not know grabbed off of dogpile I think I said start up or intro music and grabbed it?