Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jan 11, 2007, 4:25 PM   #1

I got the black Aiptek PVR at bestbuy and it has the 3300 firmware on it. Is it possible to upgrade it to 3501? What are the benefits of this upgrade?
jovan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 11, 2007, 4:33 PM   #2

jovan123 wrote:
Quote:
I got the black Aiptek PVR at bestbuy and it has the 3300 firmware on it. Is it possible to upgrade it to 3501? What are the benefits of this upgrade?
http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=92

1 you do not have the 3300 firmware?

you have an outdated one and I suggest you obtain it by calling aiptek

and getting the default

reason why

I have the 1501 and I switch back and fourth for reasons .

you will not be able to once you update and say I hate it what happens?

[line]

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff"
yes it will work
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2007, 5:56 PM   #3

1 you do not have the 3300 firmware?

What do u mean I dont have the 3300 firmware.

Can the 1501 work on the PVR
jovan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2007, 10:59 AM   #4
gdo

jovan 123,

If you do the upgrade and do not have a copy of the 3300 firmware, you will be pretty much stuck with the 3501 so it maybe a good idea to see if you can get a copy of the 3300 firmware as well, just in case you decide to fall back to a older version.

My first PVR had firmware 3301. I had to exchange it due to a video problem
(not related to the firmware). My current PVR has 3200. I notice that the 3301 seem to have a MP3 playback problem (or it could of been the PVR itself), ver 3200 does not seem to have this problem. The video and sync issues are the same on both firmware. I have not try ver 3501. I believe rgvcam used version 3501 before and said video was the same but didn't notice if the sync issue was fix since, I think, he was trying to get the video issue fix.

I personally wouldn't try loading 1501. It may work, but if not, I think your PVR will not power up anymore. Maybe somebody else can confirm if this works before you decide to try it.

gdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2007, 11:42 AM   #5

here wesee our members giving EXCELLENT ADVICE

1. MPVR 1501 lowest firmware, can load the highest firmware to the hybrid of MPVR's that is it, you may try to place the PVr in there andyes you'll have a 8 meg hybrid? but that is all, no pictures will take, and the video will bedoubled layered with granulation.

2 you may try to load the highest firmware of the PVR, to the lowest firmware of the MPVR. I do not know if it will work, I would not attept such a thing.

but I did load the PVR or mpvrs firmware to the IS-DV and Crashed the Hybrid , thus returning to get a new one.

Call Aiptek, get your Defualt Firmware, Once you have that, then Load away, otherwise be warned!

you'll lose all info, files ,and functions of the hybrid, and be updated to the Newerfirmware, If there is problems then you'll be stuck , only to upgrade to the higher one.

I am at 1501, and1707, and go back and fourth when needed. I stay with the 1501 due to liking to see the Recording, while I see none with the 1707

when I av input and videos get currupted in windows moviemaker i can reload firmware and fixes issues?

take it from a pro. let lying dogs lay
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote