Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jan 13, 2007, 11:25 AM   #1

:?I have a DDV 920 that I would like to mount on a touring bike, either on the handlebars, or preferably, low down on the front forks using one of the braze-on points. Does anybody know where I could get such a fitting?

It's basically a marriage between a standard tripod mount and a bike bracket. I have had no luck in the local bike shops or camera dealers.

My hobby is cycle touring and I have seen a few movie clips on YouTube thatI would like to emulate.

If anyone has an :idea:it would be much appreciated.

Boynesider is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 13, 2007, 12:04 PM   #2

1. I posted in the tripod section and no luck there, but some links or pics to what we're asking.

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=73

2. I made my own, and you can do the same, rather the bars I have it on the seat. so i get center action, you can get a mini one and tape it.

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=92

let me knowwhat you think.

andwhat timing .
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2007, 2:20 PM   #3

Thanks for the help.The pole mount wasvery interesting but I thought it would transfer too much vibration from the bike towards the camera. But your use of materials at hand was a good pointer. So I dug out that 'box of spare bits' that every cyclist accumulates over the years. I found an oldmounting bracket for a bike lock that I had never used. With the help of a bolt with the righttread and some plastic spacer rings, I now have a rock-solid handlebar mount for the video. The forecast is good for tomorrow morning so I hope to get some footage at last. It should be;"Sunlight! Camera! Action!" all the way tomorrow. I have also figured a way to mount the camera pointing back the road but I am somewhat reluctant to try that as the camera will be outside my field of vision. I will try the forward view first, then I can pull over if the thing gets loose.
Boynesider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2007, 2:40 PM   #4

if it is on the hadel bars ever time you turn it turns?

glad you will have good weather we are gonna be fregid 20'ssoon then snow Yippie

andspring is near yahooo!

I would liek to see some footage when done hope it works out.

I can have my set up do all af the above

turn around in front of me behinde me you name it, and not worry. but becareful to pay attention to the road have fun
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote