Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jan 14, 2007, 5:08 PM   #1

So I just got my new Is-DV for a weekend trip and it was awesome. The only problem was that I had a small card (512 mb) and it wasn't even mine....my g/f let me borrow hers.

I will soon be buying a few 1 gb cards since I like to take video as opposed to pics in most cases. However, I have heard you can get some with better or worse transfer rates and I would assume for video I would need higher. Are there any suggested brands or specific transfer rates that I should be looking for?

Oh one other thing, during longer segments of video my camera would just shut itself off. Does this ever happen to anyone? It wasnt a big deal, but I was just curious...
scape211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 14, 2007, 5:34 PM   #2

what type of card are you using?

1. no special card stick to pny 1 gig or sandisk no fst sped just the average ones they work perfect

as forshutting of

you're filming and it turns off enterly is theback green lightstill on?

nope does not shut off, works for the fullestduration

2 also is the battery exhausted when it is turning off?

Please give just a lil more ino thanx
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2007, 5:46 PM   #3

both Links active

If camcorder shuts off

1.try reformatting hte sdcard in the camera

left upper button go to setting or tools scroll to format .

2. battery must be fuly charged, it has a 1 hour 30 minute filming time pushing 1 hr 40 minutes if lucky, older the battery less time

3. If the battery is fresh and ful Power , and it shuts off. I say check the firmware on it let me know

turn camera on, go to playback the upperleft buton. hold mp3 middle on the side. and the upper right and it will say firmware 3300 hw00 let me knoe the version you may need to try it a few time

3200 is the latest. 2303 is the oldest, never had an issue on either one

In the Firmware section http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=92

video of firmware how to

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6psmn721fM

2 people loadeddefault, and 10 people loaded upgrade it is no longer available will try to get a new link up this will be the last timedoing so.

I recommend upgrading ONLY if you have the default firmware

it may correct the issues, but I believe the yardsale person dumpped a dud on you?

lets take it one step at a time

what will the new firmware do correct all thebugs that are in there make it work a lil faster, things you may not see with the naked eye.

will it cause a crash and not work, that is the chance you will have to take, i only crashed the Is-dv loading thewrong firmware in from the MPVR I need to find the Is-dv firmware

hope thesesuggestions work for you?

Old Jan 15, 2007, 12:37 PM   #4

ouch....you said 2301 is the oldest and my camera has 2201.....how is that possible?

I will look into updating it, but I dont want to change it if my version isnt supported from here. Thanks for the info though......might try the SD card thing as well.
Old Jan 15, 2007, 12:50 PM   #5

wow, updating firmware was quick and painless. Its 3200 now. I'll have to do some more tests to see if it corrected my problems. Thanks Fishy!
Old Jan 15, 2007, 3:46 PM   #6

well 2200 is older wow I think I had that one too, but itell you no issues on it when I had it the 1st time just some Pixalation?

I contact Aiptek get the 2200 firmware since now you cannot go back? but you can try loading 2300 and see if it helps out as well?

DO NOT LOAD MPVR PVR in there you'll CRASH and BURN. thats what i did LOL