Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jan 19, 2007, 5:47 PM   #1

I purchased an Isignia m3 player internal 4 gig with external drive that will accept XX gigs.

I read the reviews, and so many to chose from , RGVCAM giving me advice, not to purchase, a model, and told me how hard it is to transfer files over. I thank him for that, and hope what I have here to show others how easy and afordable one can be.

InsigniaClick the link you'll be amazed

Video sample click me

The isignia mp3 player runs around 150.00 4 gig betbuy has grabbed this company to represent them, for Music Purchases. You do not need to Use bestbuys music store, you can opt to use your own.

Video is such a snap using the Aiptek MPVR and Arc. it is a matter of real time recording, and file conversion, fastest way to transfer movies, personal files etc over.

If you preferre editing or using other software it will take 3x longer, and you'll stil come out a winner geting video on th player a snap

I have around 50 songs, 1 video 5 minutes long and a video broken down in 4 segments converting a home made movie taken about 3 minutes to place on. a 1 hour editing and transfer taken me 2hrs to get on.

preloaded video is best.

FM adio audio book and more, I cannot ask for anything more , but wished this Unit had an AV INPUT direct tv recording and a ac adaptor. One can not be picky.

I am very happy with my new toy, and can get 20 hours of batery power out of it. I have played around all day today ran the video about 2 hours ,and radio 3 hours, on/off and the battery is stuck on full, most other mp3 players runaround 3 hour tme or more not 20 hours? Yes there are others that claim 30 hours as well. this is by far my best device at the moment

Taking a look of what I recieved, my MP3 player. below i recieved

the MP3 player in perfect working order, crisp clean, and not one single scratch, on the screen, body or containing parts. Missing part if not included was a wrist strap or necklace strap,always can opt for one.

what came with it was the Skin cover Note* once on, never will come off, trust me a hair dryer, and 20 minutes working it off, for this review.. Usb cable came not in pic, paper work, as described , coupons etc. battery, ear buds(1) cd software plastic container, excluding orginal box.

Pic 1

This unit is so compact it is a size of a cassette, but misses by millimeters. in the Pic below (disrequard the dust) even on the side view it is unbelievably small. what was cnet or other reviewers complaining about? That it was not a size of a solar claculator of the early 80's, "hey do not get my idea of placing a solar recharging panal on there'. In fact you do not want to go buy an expensive carrying case , take the cassette tabs off and place inside with some thin isulation and pack away. Perfect.

Notice below the jack they have 2 one on the side , other shown on the bottom in a later pic. You'll love the Spin wheel, like any unit you must learn its controls, can never jump in the water and expect to swim right away. Some review sites think this is to hard to figure out? One ful fday playing , and it's like riding a bicycle. you have a rotating wheel tht can go from one icon to the other in eitehr direction, and if youpreferre to press the wheel it will do the same

it controls all your features and unctions Just a lil hard to hit the okay center button at times, and whn low light is around . holding hte on/of 5 secs hold gets it on/off perfect no accedental shut off, and what is even better. if you are watching a video, and you shut it of, it continues where you left off?

Why did the reviewers not mention that perfection at its best. they rather mention it is Pixalated, on video NOT AT ALL. What I see is low or night time motion shows are hard t osee, all natural to me.

In this pic we se titles and names of the MP3 sonds , believe it or not your videos are named as well. Yes unbelievable isn't it, so no guessing on what mp3 son it is unless it is taged, as well as video.

This is the setting screen it will tree out, and then choose your features.it has a Fm auto pick, eq 5 setting and custome, brightness and more you can delete everything in here internal, and EXTERNAL memory.

This is the back of the unit and its battery , one to the right is not the battery but showing the thickness. Half the size thicknes of a cellphone battery. reducing that weight and size .

20 hours of pure playback. As I have fully charged th Unit through the pc 2 1/2 hr recharge time, and playing the unit 4 hours fm listening 4 hours video I should have dead battery Low and behold hard to se in the upside down one any icon lower left.. most playes, or some will run about 1 hour video or 64 hours mp3, and higher? What was the reviewers thinking , tests on the battery stay tuned?

Yes stay tuned will charge and edit in hours of video , I think not take my word i am at 4 hours and letting this baby run

[line]

I have done my homework, spent alot of $$ and came out a winner. I have a mp3 player, that is awesome,

Compare tis to my MPVR hands down the MP3 is a winner, and hands down my hybrid has advantages, but battery life, radio, and video playback hours on end wins. I am sure one day they will work a mini cam into these things, but they may take up alot of energy having an extra dvice on me not a problem this is almost like a stick of gum, weights like one to a double pack that is.

I am sure there are tons of questions, and once I place that plastic cover back on for protection i am not removing it.

So Please feel free to ask any questions, and comment suggest complain. I never try to turn one away from something good or bad. thanx FISHYC

Arc Soft converter 2 allowing dvd to mp3 player

added notes:

1 As I use Arcmedia 2 I can grab all my recorded dvd shows, and place to the MP3 Player hours of video

5 hours of video about 1.4 gig @ 320x240 res 29.97 fps 44100hts aud, mp3 2 channel. If I continue to add more video I can get a whole Season of Survivor f, and Play it All on a single charge., Just about., If irun out of storage ,not to worry, an external drive covers that.

note 2

The MP3 player has two jacks one for listening, and the other as a 2nd listining device while also allowing WMA or other format for Audio only, almost perfect. it can capture audio off the tube and listen to a show hours apon hours of audio capture.. Our hybrids will only last around 2 plus hours in a playback mode, this allows the MP3 unit to out last , out wit, and outplay the hybrid

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 22, 2007, 2:10 PM   #2

Today was my test. I placeda full season of Survivor I hope, a movie. short clipand have 60 plus mp3 songs

I l played the unit, anddid my work, while playng it and in my Pocket the 1 clip was fine, 1st 2 hour movieperfect, and then into survivor going god. then I hear skipping , well I thought maybe it is the disk I copied hmm. today later on I managed to watch while doingstuf, I see some vhs off tracking lines and skipping, wondering if it is a glith i nthe amount of memory?

I believe it is the copy i have made and not the machine, I am still totally satasified with the play because.

30 minutes radio

5 minute movie

2 hour video

somewhere around survivor 7 of the show may be around 1/2 point of th season. my player held strong.

no battery drain

just some glitches

I say I have played a good 6-8 hours play time and never get that with my MPVR

I have opted for a zip ear bud rewinder holds my ear buds, andwill look into a ac adpator or dc adaptor I had one in my hands and yes it shoul dwork. reason

would be turn on the cable. and plug in theaudoutput to the mp3 input and wake up with 10 hours of shows, and can listen to it at work. something I could have done with the mpvr but only get 2 hours battery time

add'l notes;

1 As the MP3 played 3 hours in there seems to sond like the video is off track, may not be a issue yet? further testing is needed

2 support center is overseas and of bestbuy

3 mp3 firmware is at default, and must be updated, not due to the machine, but the Company having a timespan in there? this keeps it on track and to date.

As I play my video, and listen as I work, I am ibterrupted, so i turn off and continue later on where I left off, I cannot continuedue to going into the music mode, I deleted all my music files, and found it is a firmware upgrade. As I upgraded Firmware it fixes the issues and keeps on track like day one super happy but conceerned

Old Jan 24, 2007, 12:21 PM   #3

It's amazing how cheap mp3 players are getting now. My first mp3 player was an Intel 3000 player which for the same $150 price as yours had a whopping 64MB (ie just good for one CD) and had a basic B&W LCD that just displayed the track number! No MP3 song titles or anything fancy like now. For that same price you got a large color display that can play video, not to mention 64 TIMES the amount of memory!! :-)
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2007, 4:28 PM   #4

this is an Internal 4 gig MP3 with an external mini sd card of the max size on the market?

let alone it wil lPlay up to 20 hours worth of mp3 if it id video or music

the longest I got out of it so far was around 9 hours and did not see the battery drop from full

it is and a great savings i got it for. if this had and not even thinking of the camcorder or camera a video inmput oh man

but yes I can walk away recording into the device wma .wav and that means have sound of a tv show hours apon hours
Old Jan 25, 2007, 1:07 PM   #5

as again so happy 6 plus hours and not a drop in charge. I have loaded another season, this time the amazing race. i know I made mistakes when loading lost sound and commercials left on. I had a sector of skipping around 5 hours in and 8 hours in or so, not the machine but the file i guess.
Old Jan 28, 2007, 3:31 PM   #6

That was one of the negatives about my intel player in that it had a very basic battery indicator ie it only displayed a battery iconwhen the battery was about to die!
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2007, 11:31 AM   #7

Well as I rushed out, w/o the cable, we'll see how long i can survive lol, I will be recording some radio, and hopingto get something of stations for my video. I have about 5 hours in on the battery if i remember corectly. nad have watched , 1/3 of my shows.

yes the battery indicator is good/bad but at least it is in icriments. showing steps
Old Feb 6, 2007, 11:37 AM   #8

well I seen the light hit half and that was not bad when I used it riday in the am hour for 3 hours, and 5 at the airport. and 3 hours fridday night recording a radio show, and another 2 hours and 1 hour of play between

I am on 14 hours of play, I would have played the videos till the end but I hada tv to listen to ao I chose the travel channel, 1 30 minutes my flight was over WOW! so I give this a thumbs up
Old Feb 9, 2007, 9:32 AM   #9

http://media.putfile.com/mp3--by-chinacompany

As we broke a kids mp3 player by accident, we replaced the model with a new one, thescreen is no longer , the protective, so a peice of plastic is all that is needed for protection. here is a video that will show you the difference in size of the insignia.

I preferre the insignia due to the feel, andlong life and controls. the mp3/4 looks like a nano , ipod look alike LOL.

the AMV player software is included anda link to its software can befound here beware of pop ups.

http://www.bestsharing.com/files/suL...1/amv.zip.html
Old Feb 20, 2007, 8:52 PM   #10

Fishy,

Based on your complete review, and similar positive reviews I found on the web, I purchased one of these players via eBay for around $50 + shipping/tax. I must say that I'm VERY impressed with this unit. The video quality is outstanding.

I've found a discussion forum for these players at this URL:
http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...splay.php?f=83

The unit included a copy of Arcsoft's media converter, but I found using iRiverter to work as well. Someone posted a comment on anythingbutipod about using this to convert videos for the Insignia device. I tried it out tonight and it worked great. This iRiverter tool is cross platform (Windows, Linux, and Mac OS/X) unilike the bundled Arcsoft solution. Also, it has a handy pan & scan feature that I used to convert widescreen format videos to the 4:3 format used by the Insignia player. I highly recommend you try this out.

WoodHawk is offline   Reply With Quote