Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jan 24, 2007, 11:07 PM   #1

I bought one of those SVP HDDV5500 digital video cameras on eBay. Probably not a good idea, but I did it and will now try to get it to work. My main question is how to charge the Li-Ion battery. The eBay seller claims that he battery charges in the camera and implied that the a/c power adapter does this. Sounds fishy to me. The little booklet says nothing about the a/c adapter and charging the battery. Is there a charger I can use for this particular 3.7v 1000mAh battery?
sabre134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 25, 2007, 2:09 AM   #2

The seller is probably right. Many of there low cost hybrids charge the battery in the camera. I don't know the battery model used in the 5500. If its a common one, like the NP-60, you should be able to find a charger on Ebay ot the web.
Old HACer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2007, 7:39 AM   #3

I see no brand name on the China-made battery. It looks like a mini-bar of white motel soap, about 2" x 1 ΒΌ". I tried it in my Canon camera charger, but it's too long for that charger. It does have a "C E" symbol, with the "E" looking like the Euro sign without the horizontal lines. Maybe that's a brand logo. Anyway, I'll try experimenting by plugging in the a/c adapter with the camera off and on and see what happens. I'm becoming sorry I bought this hybrid before even using it. Maybe I'm too hasty. Thanks for the advice!
sabre134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2007, 11:34 AM   #4

1. aiptek comes with an ac charger, but does allow usb to work the camera, not the battery

2 your hybrid you plug in the usb and see if any light comes on ifit is or has a symbol that says charge you are good.

Most do not read instructions. if you do not have the Instructions you will see it on the cdr that came with the hybrid?

Note* I got n MP3 player and yep got to go online for the manual, and even upgrade firmware every so often.

as I am in one week with the device I know I can shut down while in a middle of a video and continue when I feel like it by just hitting the on, well firmware expired LOL, and I found I need to load it up the newer version.

so yes we need to read before jumping to conclusions
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote