Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Feb 4, 2007, 11:45 PM   #1

Hi,

I've seen the reviews on the is-dv2 here, and bought one for a dash mounted cam in my rover. I plan to use it to record off-road trips and other stuff. In my testing, I started the day with fresh batteries and ended up having to replace them by lunch if I have the cam open or recording. I'd like to use the USB port to power it, but it goes into 'pc webcam' mode when I do it. There is a carputer in the truck for GPS, but I don't want to use the computer to record, just power the camera. Is there a way to do this?

(btw, usb port works fine for getting pics from the cam, just need to open the screen first)

Here's my camera mount test using a home-made mount and the IS-dv2 cam. (7mb)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_V6oOWKIogo

az_max is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 5, 2007, 3:59 AM   #2

you need to find the wiring of the USB and disconnect the one that transfers info, the red/black would be power.

It my be easier to just get some dummies to place inside and power throught a cig adaptor. I did this for my Is-DV.

Liked the vid but dd not watch it all, I see when the truck goes up/down you se the hood. so it seems your mount is diferent than the usual.

I just place mine in the head rest and swival the screen, that is what the Is-V2 cannot do.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2007, 9:41 PM   #3

Thanks for the reply Fishy. I tried my blackberry home charger (works for cell and blackberry), but it plays the opening tune then goes into camera mode. I'll try the car charger as well, but I'm sure it'll be the same. Maybe I'll rig up some dummy cells and power it from the battery compartment. I haven't had it long enough to open it up for major surgery and a power plug.

BTW, it's a fixed mount. the image stabilization make it jump like that. here are the pics of the mount and with the cam attached.
Attached Images

Old Feb 5, 2007, 10:13 PM   #4

here's the other:

Attached Images

Old Feb 6, 2007, 7:48 AM   #5

Az.best bet is Dummie batteries, and a notch in the battery cover, only after you succeed with the battery first.

3.0 vdc can be added in, and up to 5.0vdc anything more will pixalate the screen.

I have my bike tripod, and my IS-DV battery mod in here as well.

A LI-ON System you can easily do same with a 2aa, two nails, a penny nail, sand the top of the nail, and flaten the tips as well, and plastic tape to get the diameter, sounds super easy to do? the LI-On you dril two nail holes and run the wiring out.

the 12vdc charger can be obtained for around 6 plus $$ and if modded the plug you can use the charger for different itemss.

Excellent video again, and excellent mini tripod. I preferre not to mess my dash up, but sure can place in my head rest pic is in here but way to deep to dig out to show LOL,

great job again:|

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote