Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Feb 7, 2007, 4:22 PM   #1

Hey my first time I actually write at these forums :-)!

I have been browsing alot on these forums, if not for my slow internet speed I'd browse most the Hybrid cam section, and I just was looking for a hybrid camera to buy.

Main purposes I'll use the cam for:

- (Imma need AV-in recording) To record any TV commecials or movie trailers I like. Also to convert my VHS tapes into DvD's. And last and prolly why name came out, to record the Intro cutscenes from all my Playstation 2 games [ I edit them and I play them randomly on Start up on my pc] and once I get those Intros... no more use for my Playstation 2 so I can go sell all!

- (I need it to be able to read AVI, here comes the PMP function) Well, I have alot of videos and especially intros from animes i've collected and the camera would be of great use if I can play my favorite intros anywhere [especially since its only intros i'll be watching so they're short and not alot space taken]

- (Camera function) Where I live people are bad drivers... bad, I do emphasize BADDDenough to cause me 2 accidents in a month and I was parked waiting on a red light... see what I mean? I need the camera function to take photos or videos of damage caused. And also to have fun shooting the clouds at sunset.

- (MP3 function) A got a phew songs I like to hear anytime from now and then.

So... yep, I need a Hybrid! :blah:

Any hybrid you can recommend me that can do these functions would be nice ^_^

Of all thecams I'd looked at on eBay, I used to like the HDDV-8800 TILL... I read from that company D: Heck their reputation was so bad that when I went on their tech support website, I stuck my ear on the screen and I could hear the people screaming Give us our money back!! :lol:

Anyways, Thanks
Intro Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 7, 2007, 9:35 PM   #2

1st welcome to the site.

2nd irecommend you fil your profile out withan location.

If I recommend a model I can then tel you

get one in a Usa store, but sounds more likeyour an overseas person.. till this is done someone else will fill in the rest.

having a hybrid for those reasons may sound more like you getting into a accident yes, for sure , not paying attention to the road, Multi tasking isdangerous .

the bigger a screen 3. inch will be best. rather a 1.5 inch screen.

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2007, 3:40 PM   #3

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
1st welcome to the site.

2nd irecommend you fil your profile out withan location.

If I recommend a model I can then tel you

get one in a Usa store, but sounds more likeyour an overseas person.. till this is done someone else will fill in the rest.

having a hybrid for those reasons may sound more like you getting into a accident yes, for sure , not paying attention to the road, Multi tasking isdangerous .

the bigger a screen 3. inch will be best. rather a 1.5 inch screen.

Thanks for welcoming to the forums

And I don't do multi-tasking while driving I have 0 accidents while I'm moving the car, the accidents I get only happen when I'm parked waiting on a red light and someone crashes into me from behind... ironic... I always get "it" from behind!:lol:lol joke xD. I'm messing with you. Anyways its always them that don't stop and hit me from behind... the other 3 sides of my car are like new and untouched, well thats asides the topic

I lately been having an eye on the Digilife DDV-1100 thats going to be released, does it sound any good? It has AV-IN, it says so, but it doesn't specify that it can record from TV; can it be just something to mislead people into beleiving that it does record from TV?I also liked the Technaxx C2500. But still these sound like when I first laid eyes on an SVP camera, too good to be true :blah:, and I was right :roll:.

Intro Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2007, 3:57 PM   #4

the AV input is best left to saying it is a Line in to thedevic, rather saying a tv input, to me that is wow tv signals to the hybrid youcan recieve a tv signal

nope. so an Av input will allow you to record any type of signal to its device if it is a cable company a monitor info from another hybrid, or audio off the tube?

it is prefrence and that I cannot tel you what is best. leaving out a location makes it hard so your best bet is Ebay, or online if out of a state
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2007, 6:45 PM   #5

Get either the Aiptek mpvr+...the Mustek D12...or possibly any digilife with a 6mp sensor....trust me.
MustekOwnsAiptek is offline   Reply With Quote