Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Feb 8, 2007, 3:35 PM   #1

Hi! me again. I have the MPVR camera that comes with a battery charger. This charger is not built very well and I sometimes have to wiggle the battery in the charger to get the battery to charge. This is sometimes a hit or miss thing and It might take several hours to realise that the battery was not seated properly, and hence, didn't charge. Is there another more reliable charger on the market, maybe from a different company, that is more reliable(and maybe faster?). Also will the the battery charge in the camera through the USB port? I located another charger on Amazon.com that is for the dv5700. Will this work?
Thanks,
Paul:?

p3aul is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 8, 2007, 4:04 PM   #2

Paul please post the link to the dv5700 that is the IS-DV model the battery for that camera is a np-60, if not the 90 I tend to forget , not looking at my model. not the same size as the mpvr

the MPVr charger is fine, you wil notice if the battery has never been used it will charge a full 2.5-3.0 hrs. if it is at full and sitting on the sidelines it will be as you described got to wiggle it.

this is normal the battery has 80% battery life and it will not accept thecharge andshow green most the time.

on another note a member had the same issue where she could not get the battery to go red, we worked on the trouble , and found you need to leave it sit overnight and then it began to charge

now the usb does not have that extra wire or loop as a charger , but an aftermarket can be bought. try a nokia brand charger it is the 8210 series. let us or me know I am curious as well.

[line]

on my vacation I carried all 4 battires why, battery life is shorter on them as they get older LOL and I wanted a full charge and got thetroubles you have
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2007, 4:35 PM   #3

The IS-DV is Np-60. On the aiptek website they have a charger listed for the Is-DV is the same as the charger I got with the MPVR. Also, the batteries(NP-60, Usance) have the same ratings. ie 3.7 volts, 850 Ma/hr. I will try to find the nokia charger you mention . I would prefer a horizontal charger rather then the verticle charger that simple lays against the pins,
Paul

I found the camera and the NP-60 battery on Amazon.com.
Paul

I posted on this forum a couple of months ago really dissing the MPVR about the lack of audio sync and the jerky images. MY BAD! the fault lay in my video card. I reinstalled the drivers and they worked fine for a few days. Got to get another, larger #D Video card!

Old Feb 8, 2007, 5:13 PM   #4

Ok, I'm talking to myself again!
I found out why the battery is an 8210 as this is the Nokia designation for its phone. However, leting my fingers do the walking, I find that any compatible battery for the Nokia has only 700ma/hr I think that the NP-60 may be the way to go. It's 3.7volt and 850ma/hr is the same as my 8210 battery from aiptek. There are after-market chargers for the NP-60.
Paul
Old Feb 8, 2007, 9:40 PM   #5

stop........

wait ttill I show you a video my member , I do not have time now buttommorrow I will.

but if you get the np-60, please send it to me?

It will not fit the MPVR trust me,words you must go by,or you'll throw your Money out, it does not fit the MPVR

if you purchase a new battery it Must be the Nokia 8210 series and they have ratings of over 700mah850 to be exact is the one in my hand,

NK 8200 is another model, do not ASK ME THE SIZE CAUSE IT IS TOO SMALL FOR ME TO READ NOW lol IT IS EITHER 800 OR 1100, AND DOES NOT MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN CAMERA USE

i OWN THE aIPTEK is-dv AND THE cHARGER WILL FIT THE NP-60 BUT NOT THEHYBRID OF THE MPVR DUE TO THE 1/8" WIDENESS OF THE BATTERY
Old Feb 9, 2007, 1:57 AM   #6

Well, looking at the pictures they show of the NP-60, it seems the contacts are on the other side of the battery. Probley a safty feature so you won't try to plug the 8210 in it and vis-versa. The reason I wouldn't won't the nokia 8210 battery it is only 700 ma/hrs . Since this is a measure of the capacity of the battery( it would discharge into a circuit drawing 700ma for an hour) it would mean that it would discharge in less time than the Usance battery which is rated at 850ma/hrs. The 1/10 of a volt difference in the two batteries probley wouldn't make a difference. It just seems to me that I could find a more reliable, better built charger if I could find a quality electronic product that made use of the 8210 battery. The only thing I can find are cell phones and most of their chargers are designed to be plugged into the cell phone itself. I suppose I could attach three clip leads to the charger and battery as a last resort. that would insure positive contact.
Paul
Old Feb 9, 2007, 8:51 AM   #7

http://media.putfile.com/Movie-0004-48

you are missin the concept to the battery

1. here is a video of the Is-DV charger, and MPVr charger.

you'll see that the MPVr will fit, and will go into the Is-DV and will work if forced to the side of the hybrid?

2 the IS-DV will be

too thick, too big, and will not go into the MPVR.

lastely the MPVr Nokia 8210 battery is of [email protected] mah, while the Nokia 8200 is of 3.6vdc @1100mah.

I wish you the best of luck. as again I own both and proven that you'll bewasting $$$.

Old Feb 9, 2007, 12:11 PM   #8

Ok, I guess I'll just go with the clip leads
Paul