Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Feb 8, 2007, 5:37 PM   #1

Recently bought one of these. I was looking for a 'cheap' camcorder thing for use on my bike and when I saw this one had AV-In I knew it was for me!

I'll start here by saying I'm in the UK (Bought it in the US tho) so I'm using it on PAL equipment, I've recorded from my DVD player and other camcorder just fine but today I recieved my Bullet Cam, plugged it in to find vertical scanlines, havent tried it in the daylight yet so unsure if it will correct itself but did plug it directly into the TV which didnt seem to have any at all!

I've tried changing all settings with in the camera without any luck, tried another A/V cable, still the same. The camera has NTSC/PAL settings, although I'm sure if these are for AV-Out only?

Anyone got any suggestions?

Thanks
DynaMight is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 10, 2007, 8:00 PM   #2

DynaMight wrote:
Quote:
Recently bought one of these. I was looking for a 'cheap' camcorder thing for use on my bike and when I saw this one had AV-In I knew it was for me!

I'll start here by saying I'm in the UK (Bought it in the US tho) so I'm using it on PAL equipment, I've recorded from my DVD player and other camcorder just fine but today I recieved my Bullet Cam, plugged it in to find vertical scanlines, havent tried it in the daylight yet so unsure if it will correct itself but did plug it directly into the TV which didnt seem to have any at all!

I've tried changing all settings with in the camera without any luck, tried another A/V cable, still the same. The camera has NTSC/PAL settings, although I'm sure if these are for AV-Out only?

Anyone got any suggestions?

Thanks

Well if it records from the DVD player and camcorder ok, and provided of oourse that they are not outputting an NTSC signal, then one has to assume that it should work fine with any other PAL device.

If you get an recognisable image on the DXG camera and it just has scanlines, then I doubt that is to due with the NTSC/PAL format but some other incompatibility.

It is good that manufacturers of portable devices seem to finally be making them 'world' devices and as such all my devices I took with me to the UK this Christmas to visit relatives all worked fine on 240v and PAL TV's (at least for output as I don't have an input on my Sanyo!). I even bought a battery charger than could work on any voltage. As such, I always try to avoid any device that limits me to the USA only. These days there is no excuse for a manufacturer not to do so!

rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2007, 7:47 AM   #3

Thanks for your reply. The only thing I can think of is as you say a incompatibilty between DXG and bullet cam, or that the bullet cam is outputting at 50Hz and the DXG only accepts 60Hz (60Hz is what I'd had set all my devices to output and I expect the DVD player etc would be 60Hz too)

Heres a screenshot of what I'm getting....the lines are a tad sharper when you're watching it.

It's going back either way, found the exact same camera for half the price although I found a 'Sony' based Bullet cam (The one I have is 'Sharp') with alot more extras from US Ebay for around the same, plus it's NTSC.....So theres no reason why it wouldnt work....:?
DynaMight is offline   Reply With Quote