Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Feb 8, 2007, 6:13 PM   #1

I just bought my aiptek mpvr+ awhile back and I just got this smudge that looks like dust inside but for some reason I can't get rid of it at all...has anyone had this probelm and if so how can I get rid of this?
MustekOwnsAiptek is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 8, 2007, 9:33 PM   #2

As a owner of this device, I never take of the Protective cover, no matter how bad it looks, I have the orginal film pealing but covers 90% of the screen.

I'll Ante soon for a screen protector at staples soon.

now if you looked or found my video of a how to open the mpvr and fix the loose screen, you have to disassemble the whole hybrid if the smudge or dust is inside, that is a good 1 hours job opened and close, and not worth it.

have you tried the correct fluids to clean? if not a eye cloth for lenses?
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2007, 10:34 PM   #3

The dust is inside Fish!Please man explain to me what I have to do cause' It's annoying...being as ridiculous as I am I removed the protective film so yah.
Old Feb 9, 2007, 9:23 AM   #4

you are on your own on this one.

1. how old is the hybrid?

2. where did you purchase? can you return , or exchange this?

If this is inside the screen, then it should have failed Inspection, or passed there inspection w/o notice.

you do not want to open up the hybrid , if you do?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=8NZzVHH4Y9w

http://youtube.com/my_playlists?p=1E39BA69C9CC8DE7

Above are two links the1st one shows you thewhole camera apart. and in order to get the screen out you can just open the lcd swival and see that the screws are visable, but you have to remove a ton of parts. isit worth a swap at thestore or an attempt and breaking your hybrid?

the second link will get you to the other videos.

I suggest you pack up return and cross your fingers for a new one?

if it is on the outside then you clean it simple , if behind the protective screen, yes a protective screen then you are doomed to a repair.

The IS-DV I removed the screen with ease due to the room with the screws. the MPVr not at all, no room to get a screw device in there, possably a nail, flatten its tip and bending it, or something on a 90 degree angle if you attempt andcannot get back, then you're out of luck. sorry i cannot be of more help.

Old Feb 9, 2007, 11:04 AM   #5

1. how old is the hybrid? It's brand new pretty much

2. where did you purchase? can you return , or exchange this?

I bought this target and I don't have the reciept so I can't

But I'm going to try and take this baby apart and see if I can clean the screen.
Old Feb 9, 2007, 12:05 PM   #6

go to target it has a 90 day return policy, you should be able to do an exchange with it , if you Purchased it thre and have the credit card or other.

personally , target is great on this, buttheir staff needs special attention.

tearing apart, locate my videos in the topic how to take apart the hybrid there is a thread.

[line]

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"1 start with the sticker on the back screws located, that is the upper gray menue/mode joystick area.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"2.then the front where the remote , and strap area. screws there

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"3. the lens on the bottom has a hole pop that off, screws behind there

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"4 style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"the top silver has a screw behind that sticker.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"5 and the two bumpers have a screw behind as well. as well as behind the usb cover

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Once you acomplish those removal, the hardest part is being careful. to open the hybrid it should open nicely

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Watch the video . there arescrews on the Motherboard and so on.

[line]

What I woulddo is try the Idea I gave you first with an angle screw driver (phillips), and even call up Aiptek and tell them leave opening as your last option

If you try to work with thescrewdriver with an angle , becarefull about scratching thecover b/c there is a magnet that is above thescreen just below the speaker YEP
Old Feb 9, 2007, 7:59 PM   #7

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=92

here is a full blown view and thread to help you