Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Feb 14, 2007, 11:55 AM   #11

MustekOwnsAptek,

Could you tell me the firmware version of the MPVR+ you reviewed? I already sent you a PM. I just want to compare firmwares.

rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2007, 4:53 PM   #12

he will not be able to at the time RGVCAM, members are emailing PM's rather posting thus he says: I have removed my lcd screen , and cannot get the ribbon cable back, So I crazy glued it

that said. you should have examined the ribbon cable how it pops off , it is held in by a locking tab on both sides, once you place crazy glue it acts as a coating , and now becomes a seal possable fix is nail polish remover, and contact cleaner spray?

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2007, 12:20 AM   #13

Sorry rgvcam about the message I recently screwed up my mpvr+ and I've been trying to fix it but Fish what is cleaner spray and why should I contact them?I could use nail polish remover?
MustekOwnsAiptek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2007, 4:34 AM   #14

contact spray like a coneector spray asures a propper connection, andcleaning agent, it isused on automobles, and even pcs, like soldering pin,

forexample I use Crc Electronic cleaner, andspray into m sd card reader port why?

my olympus smaart card refuses to acknoedge and when placed a hefty spray it is like new. I sprayed about 5x already so far it is still working for me.

errosion currosion, or copper build up got on the plugs pis etc
Old Feb 15, 2007, 9:45 AM   #15

MustekOwnsAiptek wrote:
Quote:
Sorry rgvcam about the message I recently screwed up my mpvr+ and I've been trying to fix it but Fish what is cleaner spray and why should I contact them?I could use nail polish remover?
ah ok no problem. I was just asked for the firmware version that is all. If you do manage to get it together though, it would be useful information in anycase.
Old Feb 15, 2007, 5:10 PM   #16

believe it would be the same as I posted up in the review I made for the MPVR+

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=92

3300 hw 00

lets see if it is any different since Nov of 2006,
Old Feb 20, 2007, 1:28 PM   #17

Ok Fishy, I guess I was thinking that was for the MPVR as it said "3300 on the MPVR" and not MPVR+ but then I on the MPVR, the firmware doesn't go up that high, correct?

I came across this video of someone using the MPVR+ and it looks out of sync to me, just as what happened initially with my PVR:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mm-fceWG9nw

At this stage, there doesn't seem to be conclusive evidence of whether the MPVR+ is any different than the PVR so far as regards the prism effect.

One thing I did notice on some video of a truck with my Canon A640 10MP is that there was a prism effect on the side of the truck and this camera doesn't use MPEG4, just MJPEG so it may be a problem with the more densly packed higher Megapixel CCD's.

It looks like I have a choice of the MPVR or MPVR+ as a replacement for my PVR but it is looking like the MPVR maybe the safer bet at this stage.