Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Feb 8, 2007, 11:00 PM   #1

My Aiptek Mpvr+

Before I get into this short review I must say that I am pleased with this cam.I've owned a Mustek 5500 and recently bought this camera in hopes to have a better hybrid.The appearance of it's silver frame is impressive and the 2"4 lcd is bright and clear.The 5mp-8 image resolution shows what brilliant pictures one can take.The video quality exceeded my expectations and has already captured numerous memories.The battery life is also good with "moderate usage"such as taking pictures,video,and listening to my mp3's threwout the day.It's also a pmp that can have videos or pictures from your computer stored on the device and even record straight from your VHS or DVD.

Rating 0-10.

Design-10

Picture quality-9

Video Quality-7

Mp3 Player-9

Voice Recorder-6

Battery Life-7(with moderate usage)

Heres some random pictures I took.

MustekOwnsAiptek is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 9, 2007, 8:13 AM   #2

RGVCAm join me Please, as the 1st three pics you have, Please try this out, . Do a vid shot let us know if you get the Moire Effect? then tell us realy what you think of the hybrid then.

I would say Mustek is the better Model in all, over Aiptek.

I have to say my MP3 player is my all time favorite device ovre my hybrid, but lacks that vido in recording, but has an Aud input. plays up to 20 hours of Video, so using my MPVr as a PmP player to watch only gives me of what a 1 1/2hr battery and life can push out. that is 10% playtime where's the thumbs down Icon?

Picture has lag , and As i tend to always go with a ten count, not on my vacation, will I trust my MPVr for that, 50 % shots ruined, especially in a moving car.

video heck yes all depends on what you're filming?Can you guess which is the MPVr video? the pic is a video click it

Sound recorder all works fine for notes never complained when I did a 30 foot test? seemed Aiptek was good, while others fair, and better.

Mp3 Player , with Minipulation to a major song I like it but having the cue ffw, cue rew work in one function , and notthe other, meaning the video, mp3 sometimes you can cue the video, nad mp3 sometimes you cannot.?

battery life wil depend on how fresh your battery stays and life, my sept 2006 battery will last now around an hour, whie I had it last 1 1/2, all other batteries do the same to, all 4 of them. Always carry a back up.

On a Note. the MPVr+ is an excellent camera or hybrid in ways, while the MPVr is the 1st model, missing the webcam feature, and having a mono input for sound, they improved apon it with thewebcam, the firmware, and released other updated versions, causing Mp3 maulfunctions and increased moire effects with aud and vid synch issues always in the hybrid. they Produced a PVr series and improved apon the input with sterio input, and decreasing its video, with saturation, and still having a la in picture, and mp3 maulfunctions. thus the latest release the MPVr+ changing style and not giving the updated fix to the hybrid, they are releasing and did their 3x optical zoom model and improvements, to keep up to date on the technology, calling their latest release a hdtv hybrid the MZ-DV while it is no where near dvd quality. but dropped the 320x240 res, and gave it a widescreen caption which allows for hdtv playback.

It is Like a vcr, every 3 months they Must change styles. this is good and bad

good thing is: you think a new model is out, and tebad is those who do switching are stopped.

All in all excellent review Just my two cents?
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2007, 3:16 PM   #3

Currently I have no Aiptek as I sent my PVR to be exchanged for a regular MPVR. I was told by Aiptek that the MPVR+ is exactly the same hardware as the PVR otherwise I would have exchanged it for a MPVR+.

Now that I have my excellent Sanyo C40, I only need a cheap beach camera, which is what my beloved original IS-DV was until I lost it. I don't need 5MP on this device, 3MP will do.

I will let you know when I get it back.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2007, 4:13 PM   #4

good mpvr 3 mb cmosmono input

better mpvr+ 5 mb cmos mono input

even better pvr 5mb cmos sterio
Old Feb 9, 2007, 5:00 PM   #5

Contrary to belief the Mpvr+ and the PVR are not "the same" I've compared the two and the difference in video is different.
Old Feb 9, 2007, 5:10 PM   #6

To each their wn it is the TARGET brand mpvr+ to the PVR Bestbuy

fpr example I own the Insigmia mp3 and it is bestbuys name.

like techniques
Old Feb 9, 2007, 6:15 PM   #7

MustekOwnsAiptek wrote:
Quote:
Contrary to belief the Mpvr+ and the PVR are not "the same" I've compared the two and the difference in video is different.
When you say the video is different? In what way? Better or worse than the PVR? Does it still suffer from the distortion of the PVR? It would be much more helpful if you could explain how they are different rather than just saying they are not the same. This is meaningless as the MPVR+ could still be bad but in a different way.

They have the exact same specs and I was told by Aiptek they use the same hardware, so one has to assume the difference is in the firmware.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2007, 6:56 PM   #8

as Rgv states i totally lost concept of thechip that is in there

so it is best to back up the info before spreading the rumor
Old Feb 9, 2007, 7:37 PM   #9

rgvcam wrote:
Quote:
MustekOwnsAiptek wrote:
Quote:
When you say the video is different? In what way? Better or worse than the PVR? Does it still suffer from the distortion of the PVR? It would be much more helpful if you could explain how they are different rather than just saying they are not the same. This is meaningless as the MPVR+ could still be bad but in a different way.

They have the exact same specs and I was told by Aiptek they use the same hardware, so one has to assume the difference is in the firmware.
I Own a Mpvr+ and my uncle owns one as well...My friend is the one with the PVR and we took videos near Hollywood Blvd in California and you can tell for a fact the Mpvr+ is of better quality...and when I say "better quality" I mean not as distorted as the PVR...and you are right about the specs on both cameras but it stills doesn't change the fact that the video is different.

As for Firmware that's a whole nother' story.

Old Feb 10, 2007, 8:48 AM   #10

This is where you have an advantage on here, that you can compare 3 camcorders to each, if it is the same , to different ones.

And proves my point on here as well.

The Mpvr that orginated out in september 0f 2005 came along way, and model , after model, still on the market, prooves that Aiptek, is here to stay.

mpvr no stamp 1501 firmware, stamped body 1501 firmware webcam added, 1707 firmware, pkdvr, colors to choose from, all 6 meg interpolated, and the MPVR+

As i owned the orginal, to an upgraded, andeven the MPVR+. I am sticking with my MPVR to be the better of all video camcorder. My opinion.

the MPVR+ is not a great video machine in capture it has either granulation, or loss ofsharpness, desaturation., same would hold true to the PVR. one of the combo's

but all lack the quality of a real camcorder.

As i posted up a video clip you can decide which is a camcorder, a mpvr, or other?

see below