Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Feb 14, 2007, 5:31 AM   #1

a member opens his or hybid ups and uses crazt glue to attach the ribbon cable?

reason why one shoud not attempt such removals is that they must know whatthey'redoing. if anyone has any help to fixing this problemm please post her for Mustek.....................

it is great to tell me but better to post h in here for others to join the descussion.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 14, 2007, 5:35 PM   #2

Fishy I kinda took my mpvr+ apart and the lcd isn't working...the ribbin wire I connected into the white thing came off and I used krazy lue to put it back on my the lcd ain't worknig..

what should I do?
Old Feb 15, 2007, 6:16 PM   #3

Wow I didn't realize it until now but when written in text it sure does sound like the guy(whomever he is) is kinda retarded...trying to put a ribbon cable back on with krazy glue...of all the crazy ideas...what a fool.

Thanks for posting that Fish.

Wink wink*
MustekOwnsAiptek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2007, 7:14 PM   #4

Live and Learn, never shun yourself.

[line]
Sometimes asking advice as you go along isvery helpful, showing a video how to do one? and a overlooked problem, using Crazy Lue.

I had done as well no kidding but not on a hybrid that was working :G

now If you asked me. I opened my is-Dv and yes placed the lcd back up, to give up on a mic adaptor, due to reasons of difficulty, and rather have a perfect hybrid. I found that my lcd gave up, and the ribbon cable came off, I had to take apart and re-fix it. thought it was perfect, it happened on my bike ride , the one where I made a bike pod, I again reopened and got it fixed due to not enough pressure supplied to the locking mechanism, the ribbon port.

I learned my lesson to. but best of all I loaded the PVR firmware in the Is-dv killing the hybrid.

so

playing around with these less expensive hybrids is great , but not something that is like a car LOL
Old Feb 16, 2007, 11:14 AM   #5

:-)You see that?

Now I have to change my log in name for this forum out of sheer embarasment.
Old Feb 16, 2007, 3:13 PM   #6

Aiptekowns mustek, oh my your new name. all kidding aside and never ment to harm ya?

have you tried a solvent and is it working yet? if not best thing to do and mentioned before you lost or do not have a reciept swap.
Old Feb 16, 2007, 8:26 PM   #7

This might sound weird to you and other camera owners but for some reason I don't mind not using the lcd anymore and taking pictures without it cause' it seems not that different for some reason.
Old Feb 17, 2007, 8:27 AM   #8

1. not using the lcd screen may lead to a better battery life around 30% more? but you'll never know when your battery goes dead?

2 you'll need to plug to the tube all the time if settings needs changing.

it is up to you t odecide your fate? nothig can go wrong if you try to clean your mistake up let us know hoping for the best...........
Old Feb 18, 2007, 1:43 PM   #9

Thanks Fish and I must say you are good at helping others out with there hybrids.I saw a couple of your vids on how you explain certain things and it seems to me you should be a spokesperson for Aiptek,Mustek or any hybrid company without a doubt.