Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Feb 14, 2007, 7:54 PM   #1

My wifes father bought a digilife DDV-5120A for my family for christmas. I just got around to opening it up. I installed a 1gb sd card and shot 1 min of video to test. I was making some adjustment to the settings and did not like whatI had done. When I went to restore defaults the camera died completely. It has no power no led even when plugged in to power source or cpu. I have no registration or reciept to return and DigiLife has no tech support. Any suggestions on how to fix or links to tech support would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You
cole03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 15, 2007, 11:28 PM   #2

I assume the battery is charged and inserted correctly. I have one of these and something like this happened to me last night when I had the memory card not fully inserted. But it does sound like it's dead.

You might try posting in the Hybrid Forum.
http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/view_forum.php?id=92
sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2007, 9:33 AM   #3

I've tried the battery and the memory card. I also tried to plug in to the USB and connect with my computer and nothing works. I repoted in the hybrid forum, thanks for the tip.
Old Feb 16, 2007, 2:18 PM   #4

if you have a way to test the juice of the battery it is best t odo so. a flash light will get you a light or a ohm's meter?

as I do not own one try reformatting your sd card in the pc only and try to go to your tv and place up the camera that way to see if it shows up there on the tube?

only thing i can say is the battery is a total lost

and to see if you can mod 3.6.3.7 vdc of other attempt a mod with 3aa rechargable adding up 1.2 x 3 +3.6vdc to the pins and if you get a response then it is the battery.

SG points bac to the hybrid link again hmmm
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2007, 8:52 PM   #5

fishycomics wrote
Quote:
SG points bac to the hybrid link again hmmm
fishycomics,

These three topics (one of which disappeared after being moved here) were posted elsewhere when I replied to them. Whomever or whatever moved them here should have removed the link so I didn't look like an idiot.

Old Feb 17, 2007, 7:12 AM   #6

this was twice

I am a man of my word and I appologise if I make that editing of any sort, but was not me

I am pointing out whomever it is Please make sure you place an explaination if you edit it .

Sg if you're post was edited there will be the persons name on the bottom

I have edited cal and added the " this is the Link, and a sd card storage, which most like to know" that was what I did .
Old Feb 17, 2007, 7:33 PM   #7

Sg in your post if a person edited it would say edited by as I re=read them you may have made a mistake so I'll see if I can locate that other one and see

posasble you saved the link of the main page by error and thought you saved the posted topic? it happ's?
Old Feb 17, 2007, 10:25 PM   #8

No, I think one of the main moderators saw I was posting a link to elsewhere in the forum and just moved the three posts I did that with. I didn't mean to imply you had any involvement in it. One of those three posts was moved here, and then disappeared again. I haven't bothered to try and find out where it went, and I'm not seriously concerned about the posts moving about.
Old Feb 19, 2007, 1:56 PM   #9

Hey guys just to let you know I took out the battery and plugged it in to an outlet and it kick started. I put the battery back in and it is fully functioning.

Thanks
Old Feb 19, 2007, 2:31 PM   #10

Glad we're here to help assuggested before the battery will lose juice and cause your maulfunction, this topic had Links pointing to other areas, and has now been solved, we'll close this one out and if needed open a new one if troubles continue

topic closed