Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Feb 17, 2007, 12:39 PM   #11

he checks inon a work day.

I went through a number of MPVrs and I lost count on all the firmwares

00 may be of a area location like USa and 01 overseas, but do not hold me to that?

RGV says he will be recieving his soon,

RGV asks me if I can show him the firmware, for mustekowns aiptek, so he can show us.

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2007, 7:44 PM   #12

As far as I remember the screen brightness control works just fine on my unit. I played with the setting when I first got the unit on Christmas day, but haven't messed with it since.

I can't check it right now because the battery is in the charger. One of these days I'll have to get a 2nd battery from ebay. I've seen them shipped for around $5.

WoodHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2007, 8:22 PM   #13

If you check it again let me know. I don't know what to do now? Ordering a new one will be a pain, and the next one could be worse. I don't really need this feature as it will be used mainly to record on "video in". from a RC plane. But still, I have paid full price for a broken item. That kinda sucks. Hmmmm what to do? I sure wish I knew if it's a firmware bug or if it's damaged.
Wmacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2007, 10:37 PM   #14

I just tested it again and the brightness function works for all steps in the range. The difference between the steps is pretty small and if you were testing this out in a very well lit area you might not be able to see the difference between each of the steps. Although the difference between the highest and lowest setting should certainly be noticeable.

Try taking your camera to a low light area and step through the choices again.

Only you can decide if this issue is worth returnng the camera for. I've had this camera for about 2 months and other than initially playing with the setting I haven't needed to go back and adjust it. I've had it on the default, middle, setting the whole time.

WoodHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2007, 11:14 PM   #15

Thanks for checking. I have shot off a email to Asia. We'll see what the factory thinks.
Wmacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2007, 6:20 AM   #16

good luck in a reply, you are overseas? if Usa I wish you a great life?

never recieved an email LOL. Asia is your best bet for a reply?

a phone call is even better.

As for thelcd adjustment it is only forviewing, minehapp's to beset at high for some reason, and never taken note on it till you mentioned here. I am able to film outdoors nicely but at the fullestsun. not gonna tell you yes I can see perfectly sometimes it may be a lil hard to see if in a situation.

but for sure it is far supirior than the Musteks, and aipteks 5300 lcdwhich in sunlight impossable on a film strip lcd.

bes tthingto do is yes Complain big time ,possably you'll recieve a partial refund if you have issues, i have on my aiptek due to it being defective with the rca plug and cable

white is aud yellow is vid , while plugged in the camera it is reversed both hybrids, andboth cables sent to me

Aiptek.inc replaced the cablefor free, Target sent a new camera, and happy with it ever since, one of my all time favorite hybrids, why?

smallest thing in theworld in myeyes?

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote