Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Feb 16, 2007, 8:32 PM   #1

I received a new MPVR from Target.com This unit is HW revision 0, and firmware 3103. There is no 26k stickers.(2k6) What is the model? I believe the cicuit city model (p-dvr)has this firmware? All seems well except for a strange issue regarding the LCD screen brightness adjustment.

Adustment makes no change except for the last lowest setting. I see a very slight change on the last dot butNO change at all on the higher settings? Can anyone with this firmware, (or any firmware) comment on this. I guess what I want to know is if this issue is a bug of this FW version or is it broken?

BTW it is a DZ0-V38

Also this did not come in the clear packaging, but rather a nice box

Wmacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 17, 2007, 7:25 AM   #2

wmacky Welcome to the site

here is one member who must have followed some type of guideline,

If sgspirit reads this look at his or her post at the lower Bottom as I edited it to highlight a lil correction, I know I make aton of grammer :G

1 dz0-v38 is the MPVr, did you locate hybrid section brief descriptionsinher wil be a number of different hybrids that I own and its dzo #'s, may not be on all though

2 what does your new mpvr look like on the front, and back? is it all silver? or is it two tone, again check the above link if correct.

3 the MPVr should only go as high as Firmware 1707 hw00

you mention revision hw00 firmware 3103, are you just writing it backwards, and does it say exactly that on the lcd?

If so then that means we got thefix from aiptek on its way HIP HIP!

I bet you it is your wording,

4 you recieved a Aiptek.Inc direct from aiptek camera that is great news, but I also bet yougot the one that may be like you said a Pk-DVR model wit hte MP3 player flaw?

5. On thescreen and in the resolution what does it say 1,3,6 meg or does it go to 8 meg? that'll tell you you got the MPVR+ model

If you yourselffeal that you got a defect, then you better correct this by forcing the issue

before you send me arefurbished unit I like the serial number and firmware read via phonecall thank you? and also have them Burn you all the default and upgrades for the 149.99 you spent or more?

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2007, 9:07 AM   #3

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
wmacky Welcome to the site

here is one member who must have followed some type of guideline,

If sgspirit reads this look at his or her post at the lower Bottom as I edited it to highlight a lil correction, I know I make aton of grammer :G

1 dz0-v38 is the MPVr, did you locate hybrid section brief descriptionsinher wil be a number of different hybrids that I own and its dzo #'s, may not be on all though

The number on the back isDZO V38
Quote:

2 what does your new mpvr look like on the front, and back? is it all silver? or is it two tone, again check the above link if correct.

It is all silver. Looks just like a 26K
Quote:

3 the MPVr should only go as high as Firmware 1707 hw00

you mention revision hw00 firmware 3103, are you just writing it backwards, and does it say exactly that on the lcd?

If so then that means we got thefix from aiptek on its way HIP HIP!

I bet you it is your wording,

Reads like this

FW 3103

HW 00
Quote:

4 you recieved a Aiptek.Inc direct from aiptek camera that is great news, but I also bet yougot the one that may be like you said a Pk-DVR model wit hte MP3 player flaw?

From target.com

The box just says MPVR (NO 26K listed)
Quote:

5. On thescreen and in the resolution what does it say 1,3,6 meg or does it go to 8 meg? that'll tell you you got the MPVR+ model

Listed is 1,3,6
Quote:

If you yourselffeal that you got a defect, then you better correct this by forcing the issue

before you send me arefurbished unit I like the serial number and firmware read via phonecall thank you? and also have them Burn you all the default and upgrades for the 149.99 you spent or more?

How about the Lcd adustment. No changes?

How do I exit "settings" in the mode area? I have to turn the unit off to escape

A member here stated his Cicuit CityP- DVR had FW 3103???
Old Feb 17, 2007, 9:17 AM   #4

the Pk-DVR may be the one.

all my hybrids of target are of the mpvr series

MPVR no stamp, mpvr stamped 2k6 inside, and now the newest one MPVR+ 8 meg

BB pvr

and circuit city has the MP3 flaw

[line]

when in the setting the left button after you set up you press it again it brings you back to the icon screen go to camera and press the mouse.
[line]
If you are able to test yur mp3 player and all works fine then you are good. but if you got a glitch then I say you gott he bad one.
[line]
target models are ofa plastic container, el cheapo in wrapping.

BB the same, CC the same

Aiptek.inc goes all out. So In my eyes I say Aiptek holds on to the better model, and firmware. we can only find out by one other memberwho demands satifaction, and that is RGVCAM, if he recieves his new MPVr he may be over suprized by the boxed item.

So lets see if that helped out a lil, thecdr has a complete manual.
Old Feb 17, 2007, 9:33 AM   #5

Thanks Fishycomics! I hope more peaple turn up with this firmware so more can be learned! I now understand that after selecting settings, I must then choose another icon! Fixed!

I'm still not sure about the LCD brightness adjustment. My battery was not fully charged so mabye is was too weak for a higher brightness setting? I'm charging now.

I'm very exited about the unit. If one day all the bugs were fixed, and mpeg2 quality was available (even for very reduced record time, it would be like gold!. It is the nicest looking camcorder I have ever seen.

BTW This unit will be used to record video "in" from a downlinked signal from a transmitter aboard a RC UAV aircraft. Something changed in the PVR model as when video "break ups" happen, as they always do, The PVR will lock up. The MPVR works much better in this type of use. I hope the FW 3103 does not change this!
Old Feb 17, 2007, 10:27 AM   #6

I have a PDVR from Circuit City. The firmware version is 3103 and the HW revision is 01.

So far I have had no problems with the unit. Audio/Video sync. appears good and the MP3 function works. I don't typically use this for MP3 playback since I've got a better MP3 player for that purpose, but for a limited test the PDVR seemed to work.

I notice on Circuit City's web site they are now carrying a PDVR+ which has 5MP still resolution vs. the 3MP resolution in my camera.

The PDVR appears to be essentially the same thing as a regular MPVR, but my unit came with a wireless remote which I believe is optional in the other models.

So far the camera has been great for taking quick clips of my daughter and our little puppy. The quality isn't as good as my MiniDV camcorder, but this unit is a lot more convenient. I've gotten good results as long as there is plenty of light.

WoodHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2007, 10:48 AM   #7

in a number of topics this is a video click on the picture.

you'll be amazed which one is a camcorder, and which one is the hybrid?

remote control is an otion? and well worth it in ways.

Brightness of the lcd screen there is a setting I did not answer to

you may brighten the lcd screen by of 5 levels 2 for lower, 2 for higher and the 3rd being the center. You'll not see the video go brighter , but the lcd screen only.

Some claime they use the EV setting to -2- +2 or 1.5 I forget. and that is for picture taking only, but see it enhance the video s well they al go back to default after the camera is turned off. but some may stay the same like resolution and video, the ev should go back as well as Cloudy tugnsten etc.

[line]

I agree, and Oh I love my hybrid in ways, it is one of the better models with unique features, but you'll also heare others have a supirior one as well, and less features

glad to hear ou're using it as a aviation device looking foward to thevideo if posted

Old Feb 17, 2007, 10:59 AM   #8

Fishycomics, I was not clear.

I have gone to the setting, and changed the brightness settings, BUT nothing happens! The brightness does not change except slightly at the last setting.

The otherdots do not affect the brightness of the screen at all. As I move the dots, the screen stays the same except a tiny change at the last dot?

Woodhawk, Could you test this and see if it's FW 3103 that has a bug? I'm charging the battery now to see if this has an effect, but I have little hope!
Old Feb 17, 2007, 11:45 AM   #9

WM............

you were clear, I did go back and will confirm what you said

1. adjusting LCD brightness,

1 you go to setting then to lcd brightness and choose one of the five dots, when you accept with the mouse the screen, and camera all shut off?

Yes this just happened to me exactly what you described.

2 I then went back and tried again to see if accepted the 1st time and I am at the same dot I had it on, and this time it accepted by going back to settings and to camera and ready for snap.

But my lcd screen will adjust in increments

yours DOES NOT?

I would try a factory default and see if it fixs the issue? that can be found in the settings of your hybrid , it will set all back to normal.
Old Feb 17, 2007, 12:11 PM   #10

No it will not. I tried the default. No luck! I hope Woodhawk will try it with his FW3103, but still our units are different. It seems I the only one with

FW 3103

HW 00

His seems to be HW01 but with FW3103? Am I the only one with the HW00 FW 3103 combo? I would like to know what RGVCAM gets.