Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Feb 23, 2007, 6:12 PM   #1

Before all , i'm realy sorry for my pretty bad english. Actualy i'm french (nobody's perfect lol). I'm a new owner of Aiptek Pocket DV T 100. It's a great toy for my blog , and I m happy with it. I'm just a little annoying by the bad audio sync of the cam. It's not a big problem cause i can fix it with my video editor.
But here is why i 'm here. I have start to test my hybrid with some cheap rechargeable accus with lot of problems like:
-Not fully charged battery
-Short life
-Bad audio sync on my videos

Today I have use some unused & good Nihm Accus from germany (Hälnel).And Strangely The DV T100 indicate a fully charged battery and have no more problem with audio sync.
I don't know what to think ... The audio sync problem can be a problem of battery quality , voltage( my cheap accus were 1.2V and the Hälnel 1.25V ) ?

Tomorrow I will buy some alcaline Battery and test it ... :?
chatmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 23, 2007, 6:54 PM   #2

alkaline bateriesare 1.5vdc x2 to equal 3vdc

rechargables are 1.2vdc to = 2.4vdc

lithiums are1.5vdc t =3.0vdc

you are best no tto purchase desposables, but to go with a higher nah rating of 3000 mah 2 1.2vdc

any lower will shorten battery life

overcharge, heat, and improper use wil also shorten life

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2007, 11:37 PM   #3

Thanx fishycomics ( and thanx for your brillant and complete review of the is-dv2 ! i have buy mine after reading your review:-)).

I willl try to find 3000mA or 2500 mA nihm today... (AHah I'm in the south of my little and obscure country, it's not NY and i may have problem to find exactly what i want ... :lol.

:arrowo you think the difference of voltage or the quality of the accus could the reason of the bad audio sync ?
Is there any other user of aiptek hybrid who have notice this fact ?

Old Feb 24, 2007, 6:59 AM   #4

On this model, the IS-DV2 no one complained about vid/aud synch issues. some are very happy wit hthe features of the hybrid

you may go online to search for batteries? in your local town, or major shopping center? ifyou are willing to wait and know offriends relitives etc who are goingto visit, you may ask them for a higher battery if possable

3 hours of battery time is garranteed. and I am as we speak recharginga oldset to use for my mondays fun at work LOL will be a voice recording not video, and can relate to france .

lets hope some members owning this can come foward, I no longer own due to small screen sizze, but love the idea of a memory of vid andpic counts
Old Feb 25, 2007, 1:43 AM   #5

Today I have shot 5 videos with my new accus and ...no more bad audio/videosync.. Sound like the cheap accus i use before were simply bad.(half battery life on indicator/Very short battery life / may be not deliver a decent voltage) In anyway,I will post here if i find any problems or tips ...

Old Feb 25, 2007, 6:59 AM   #6

I cannot believe batteris would cause vid/aud synch issues, but you may never know? it's a first
Old Feb 25, 2007, 8:35 AM   #7

I'm agree with you fishycomics...

Today I have made few new test with the accus and Alcalines and Have find something interesting.

I have format my SD card (1go)...
Shot a first video
Result : Bad audio/video Sync

I have shot 3 new video
Result : Perfect audio /video Sync

I Have connect the camera to my PC and erase video files.

I shot a first video
Result : Bad audio/video Sync

I shot a new video
Result : Perfect

woooo :? ! Incredible don't you think ?
I will test and re test ...may it's come from my SD Card...:?

Old Feb 25, 2007, 8:52 AM   #8

Few new tests after , i may have find the problem ( but not still sure) ... the first video i take when i turn the camera on ...is alway out of sync ... and the next is good ...It's realy strange ...:shock:

Old Feb 25, 2007, 11:41 AM   #9

this was a topic discussed many times over, leads to firmware.

1 it is the buffer of the device, for sure, not allowing it to get the proper chance to set up, by the time you alow your vid or record to catch up it becomes synck, that iswhere I have did my tests

1. allow the camera to record the 1st few secs with no sound , andvideo then adjust naturally. We know that the Aiptek IS-DV does this perfectly why. as you hit record it works its way to a louder video from silience, andadjusts to its proper setting.

sd card will also play a toll, most companies are of a regular speed and we tend to over use a faster speed, I lean to a general card, and pny, san disk, and A-data, as well as kingston I have a panasonic super fast card and can I tell the difference

it is like something caught in my eye, did not see the dust go in.same with FPS 15 fps is fine.

I'll leave you on this note dropping .3fps 30.0 to 29.97 fixs the issue.
Old Feb 25, 2007, 12:49 PM   #10

Well you are right ! ... My SD Card is a Pny 1Go. I have test with a 128 Mo and no bad audio sync. May my 1Go SD Card is not fast enough. ( I will buy another one ) In anyway, I have find a tip !I simply shot a picture before shooting my video ...and it works ! Sync is perfect ! :|