Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Feb 28, 2007, 11:45 AM   #11
gdo

Yes, thanks, I plan to get a backup copy of the current firmware on my PVR since all the functions seems to be working ok. I have not had any luck getting a reply back from Aiptek support via email so we will see how it goes. By any chance if somebody has f/w 3200, can you please maybe upload this?

I will definitely get before and after shots with my current f/w vs. 3502. Right, the test will be on shots with hight details, vertical lines, etc, shots that are a problem with the PVR.

I will try to get the results up asap.

gdo

gdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2007, 5:57 PM   #12

I know that 3501 didn't make any difference at all but was supposedly just for the voice sync anyway.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2007, 12:18 PM   #13
gdo

Looks like fishycomics got a reply from Aiptek about the PVR on his other post. From the sounds of it, it looks like Aiptek is finally owning up to the problem with the PVR. I think I am going to hold off on the 3502 f/w upgrade and see if Aiptek comes out with a actual f/w that is suppose to fix/improve the video.

gdo
Old Mar 1, 2007, 3:52 PM   #14

Yes hold your breath let us know if you turn blue and film it for us? that is the way Aiptek shuts me Up!

I recieved they're working super hard on the PVR model for a fix and only 6 people reported issues. and I was basically brushed of. the MPVr is now a Fixed hybrid 1707 firmware is perfect.

If i remembered , I fooled around loading 3501 to the MPVr and they need to add a sharpness control once that is added you got thebest hybrid around.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2007, 4:48 PM   #15
gdo

I can film if for you but with the PVR video issue, you probably won't see me very clearly turn blue. :lol:

Either way, if they do or don't come out with a new firmware, sure, it would be nice if had better video quality, but for the features it offers and the price point, I can't really complain about it. I guess we will eventually find out.

gdo

Old Mar 1, 2007, 6:15 PM   #16

that we agree the price is perfect some jus want a td bit more even if it not perfect we want it perfect

so lets see what you and others can try to get resolved?
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2007, 3:09 PM   #17

This happened to me too:
FW: 3300
HW:01
MPVR ModelZ0-V58

I upgraded firmware to 3501--ok, then to 3502--ok, then downgraded--and it was still okay.
I have a black mpvr (sticker on box); inside box says pvr.
richard6800 is offline   Reply With Quote