Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Feb 23, 2007, 8:03 PM   #1

Here is 3502, as always - know what your doing when updating Aiptek firmware.
This seems to have fixed my A/V sync issues.

http://www.bestsharing.com/files/Fuo...grade.zip.html

powerpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 24, 2007, 6:04 AM   #2

Powerpc welcome,

aha someone did their Homework? the mpv4= now has a 3502 not a 3501 firmware?

how did you manage to get this while , Ray and Eric are holding back important info on some members?

[line]

If in due time I may move this into the sticky section, or just add the link, and thefirmware itself. not taking any glory , or credit? I thank you everso much, and hope others can appriciate this, but do what PowerPc did . not " can I get the fix" b/c you are allowing another hybrid to bite the dust...........
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2007, 12:39 PM   #3
gdo

powerpc,

Thanks for the info. How did you get this firmware? There are a few folks here that has been trying to figure out if there will be any new firmware for the PVR. Looks like Aiptek is still doing some adjustments to the PVR, which is good news.

So do you notice that the sync issue has been resolved with this firmware upgrade?
Have you also notice any video improvments with the new firmware? Please let us know and if possible, post a sample of your video with the new firmware.

Thanks!
gdo
gdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2007, 9:17 PM   #4

Greetings gdo,

This firmware was sent to me after repeated calls to AIPTEK "tech support".
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: Feb 23, 2007 5:30 PM
Subject:
To: "xxxx.powerpc at gmail dot com" <xxxx.powerpc at gmail dot com>
Here is the firmware you have requested.
Thank you
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Find below a link to a short sample reflecting video quality. Regarding video improvements, I will try to post additional clips detailing a variety of conditions. Sync seems to be fine. Regards, -powerpc

http://media.putfile.com/MPVR-3502
Old Feb 27, 2007, 11:07 AM   #5
gdo

Thanks powerpc! Great video! Please let us know if you get a chance to capture other video shots, preferably shots with heavy details. I'm sure you are aware of the video issue with the 8800 (PVR).

If possible, can you please check one more thing. I had a PVR with firmware 3300. With the mp3 feature, I notice that when you stop a mp3 that is playing and try to select the next song, the unit will "crash" (shut off). Can you confirm that this is not a problem with your version of firmware. I'm currently running firmware 3200 which doesn't seem to have this issue. I will upgrade if this is not a problem with 3502.

Thanks again!
gdo

Old Feb 27, 2007, 12:40 PM   #6

gdo, something like this?
http://media.putfile.com/mp3-with-3502-seems-ok

All the mp3 functions seem to operate as you would expect (no crashing)

__________________________________________________ ___________
Have a look - I'm having a little fun with it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78lhiMrE71c
http://media.putfile.com/Benny-Hill-Baby

Old Feb 27, 2007, 4:31 PM   #7
gdo

Yes, that is exactly what would seem to had made the PVR crashed when I had a PVR with f/w 3300. Maybe it was the PVR unit itself but I'm not sure. Since this doesn't seem to be a problem with 3502, I'm going to do the upgrade. Hopefully there will be a change on the video quality as well.

Thanks again!!

gdo

Old Feb 27, 2007, 4:40 PM   #8

GDO......

It is a good idead t ohave the defualt firmware just incase?

I always go back and fourth with it? and yes I need to reload old firmware at times to correct a set top box codec issue? example recording a tv show that windows mpvoemaler works oneday andcrashs the next, it is the hybrid and not WMM?

powerPc OMG I am hungry now? adorable.:|

Just imagine if you did not habe the hybrid? we would not have these Priceless moments? some will mock.this hybrid and never understand?
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2007, 5:56 PM   #9

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
GDO......
It is a good idead t ohave the defualt firmware just incase?
I agree - it is a very good idea indeed to have default firmware on hand.

thanks, fishy - your commitment, dedication and hard work on this board is recognized and appreciated.
Old Feb 27, 2007, 9:24 PM   #10

gdo wrote:
Quote:
Yes, that is exactly what would seem to had made the PVR crashed when I had a PVR with f/w 3300. Maybe it was the PVR unit itself but I'm not sure. Since this doesn't seem to be a problem with 3502, I'm going to do the upgrade. Hopefully there will be a change on the video quality as well.

Thanks again!!

gdo

I will be interested if you notice a change as well. The video testing needs more challenging video that the sample powerpc provided. Video of people, especially close up, is easy for the MPEG compression to deal with and tends to mask it's flaws.

I would like to see how it performs with scenes with a lot of detail and of course close horizontal lines.

If the video is indeed improved then I would be left wondering why Aiptek haven't made a big deal out it...

Gdo, what you want to do, is do a bunch of scenes with the old firmware and then a the same ones with the new one. I'd do it myself but no longer have my PVR.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote