Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Feb 28, 2007, 12:52 PM   #1

As I am in the mist of sending ordinary video, and pics to the Aiptek USA team. so can you. I never send all bad complaints.

I will include my vacation trip, to the site and hope theuy will be concidered experimental and recieve a freebie (remote control)

there is NO Updated Firmware releases the 1707 is by far the best one on the market, Period.

if you are going to want to know about the MPVR+ than that is another story?

video sent per email. are as follows?

1 http://media.putfile.com/air-flightremember compressed by putfile

2.http://media.putfile.com/air-flight night time video a perfect vide oif you ask me

this is a perfect pic at dusk. I cannot complain at all with a shot like this.

3 moire effect on Pixar the car

http://media.putfile.com/pixar

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 28, 2007, 4:42 PM   #2

I didn't take your E-mail that you thought the unit was bad. What we have discovered is that even with the NEWER firmware that some of the old issues came back. Even an issue with audio sync with this model and TV playback occurs with the new firmware.1707 is the most sound firmware and that is what we use.

[line]

This is an upsetting email recieved from Aipteks team leader. it is not bad nor great, but leads to no further firmware fixs beond the the MPVr on the market, once it is sold to theCustomer , you now have the damaged goods, and is up to the beholder to decide on callingf or the fix?

[line]

What I asked on the next email was, if you are able to correct firmware we need asharpness control , if they can add it in to the Firmware , possablythiswil correct a few issues? As well as what each device has as a chip inside?

lets wait fir the response. I have officially given up hope on Aiptek, but not the Hybrid?

[line]

final response as Iclicked on the post I recieved

right now Our priority is pressing our headquarters to resolve issues with the Pvr aka 8800 thant have been going onRight now our priority is pressing our headquarters to resolve issues with PVR aka 8800 that have been on going.

Old Feb 28, 2007, 5:02 PM   #3

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
final response as Iclicked on the post I recieved

right now Our priority is pressing our headquarters to resolve issues with the Pvr aka 8800 thant have been going onRight now our priority is pressing our headquarters to resolve issues with PVR aka 8800 that have been on going.

Well this is good. At least it shows that Aiptek USA is taking the issue with the PVR seriously. If they can fix the PVR, then they would have a great hybrid.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2007, 6:30 PM   #4

yes that is it the MPVR is Officially fixed, and the PVR is now going to beworked on Newest Firmware examplr

3707 hw00
Old Feb 28, 2007, 9:46 PM   #5

Whew, hopefully this then continues onto working with the MZ-DV...
mzdvguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2007, 3:37 AM   #6

I concider it a slap in our aces

only 6 people complainedto the devision and this iswhat you get from a multi million dollar outfit.

just showing theshop at home videos , they produced thousands apon thousands of sales from the Aiptek.inc

a hybrid @150 average x 1000,000 and Target 1, 000.000and other places as well, they could have just placed in a recall.

I am not upset just telling me in the email who are you again? LMAO
Old Mar 1, 2007, 3:28 PM   #7

If only 6 people complained then I can see why Aiptek HQ were trying to brush it off as mere moire effects. Still at the beginning I was beginning to think it was only fishycomics and myself!

With that low a complaint rate, it's unlikely they would ever consider a recall. I am sure their general return rate for other issues would easily swamp that.

Still it would be interesting to see whether they do eventually come out with firmware to fix it.

Also they need to design their battery covers better. I had a belt case and I had to be careful removing the camera, lest I leave the cover behind!
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2007, 3:45 PM   #8

6 people was a hypo answer that we knew:G

I am most sure the 6 were yes you and me RGV and the other 4 well are gone .

yes when on vacation and it happend to me the cover got stuck in the pants LMAO.

I would like to see just a lil more space added so we can place a sd card as a spare :idea: