Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Mar 1, 2007, 9:47 AM   #1

I dropped my AIPTEK MPVR+ from my desk to a carpeted floor. Now when I turn it on, it goes on, and trhen tunrs off about 30 seconds later. I cannto access any menus and none of the buttons respond. I did notice that the icon on the bottom, second fromt he rigth has a red INI or INT on it. This looks like the icon for the sd card and I assuem that red INT means internal and it is red because there is an error. Is there a way to reset/reboot/reformat this thing. My 90 day warranty would have run out on February 24 because I bought it at target on black friday. I hope there is a way to fix this or Aiptek will honor a warranty a few days out because i really liked this little bugger and had intended to hook it up to the lcd int he car for the baby to watch her sesame street.
brokenmpvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 1, 2007, 3:48 PM   #2

Welcome.

lets see, the lcd has a icon it wil show the sd in three ways internal, external full, and cracked or currupted .

If you can plug into a tv and review that way then you know you have a damaged unit, or working unit in a way?

steps to trying to get to defualt without viewing would be?

1open camera wait 7 secs

2 cick left button,scroll left one time with mouse click mouse go up with mouse 3 steps and on defualt

3 right once,

4 and down once and click you should reset?

it is a shame you do not know the firmware and can get the firmware, it may fix your issue but if it is a dropped item then possably the ribbon cable is JUST off alignment? or you damaged the chip? these are my guesses

I say go back to Target, some one mentions Compusa 49.00

let us know
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2007, 4:29 PM   #3

Will try whenI get home.I don't think the camera will stay on for 7 seconds. The red INT appears over what looks like an icon of box or folder that is cracked or broken.

Has anyone opened one f these. Besides the ribbon cable, are there any chips which are socketed which may have come loose?

Old Mar 1, 2007, 4:43 PM   #4

okay if you got a red box and the sd shows a crack

you may be overlooking the most obvious thing.

1 take out the sd card, take out the battery, and then your hybrid will work, the cracked sd will crash the camera.

you will need to wait till you get home that is option A

if it is option A just reformat the sd card, set the default on the hybrid.

Now if it is more serious than that and I think you should just remove the battery andall will be fixed. you want to look in the threads here pass page one there are a ton of info and it may be on page 2 by now if not not pass page three

watch the 3 videos

1 of 3

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Kt4K1X1jITM

2 of 3

http://youtube.com/watch?v=m-mem24VlOY

If you realy want 3 of 3 that is basically the placing it all back together again

tearing apart 1hr relaxed, now it takes me 15 minutes LOL
Old Mar 2, 2007, 9:33 AM   #5

As far as I am aware, they have a full 1 year warranty. I even confirmed this with Aiptek. At least my PVR did. Does yours actually say 90 days? If so then maybe they are reducing the warranties now...
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2007, 11:34 AM   #6

I assumed that it was a 90 day warranty. Just checked my yahoo account and I got a reply from them asking for more info and they would issue a RMA#. Maybe Target will replace it if it ahs a 1 year warranty.
Old Mar 2, 2007, 1:04 PM   #7

know the stores policy?

1 target will refund your hybrid within the 90 day return policy, if is within reason, and not get charged 15%restocking fee.

they do not repair the device , exchange the device, but possably wil ship it for repair, there is a 800 number for servicing so try that, but it is best t osay the device is unacceptable and I'll take an exchange or refund thank you.

you have a 1 year warranty on the device but a 90 day free parts and labour, after 90 days it may be subject t oa charge?

so I say RGV hit it on the head with target. and target is not a repair clinic Aiptek is.

Old Mar 2, 2007, 6:03 PM   #8

Just get a RMA and aiptek will be more than happy to replace the camera. Just word your explanation as if it were there fault.

I'm on my third MPVR, the first two I broke and aiptek just sends you a new one. Heck, the new replacement even has a warranty.

The only downside is that you won't have a camera for up to a month.
bamman is offline   Reply With Quote