Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Mar 8, 2007, 9:18 PM   #11

I don't know about reducing the sensitivity of the mic; IMO it already has poor sensitivity to begin with, at least at any appreciable range. It's really only good at picking up sounds within maybe a 3 foot radius.
mzdvguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2007, 12:01 PM   #12

Aiptek just wrote me back (see first post of this tread) and did admit the mic might be too sensative. They are looking for a solution and will let me know soon. Hopefully its new firmware. I also noted to them the focus seems to focus too much when it doesn't need to. Hopefully they fix that also.
SSRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2007, 10:59 PM   #13

I am not positive but I *think* if you press the photo button while filming, it auto-focuses once and locks until you release the button. I'd test but I don't have my MZDV on me right now.

What route did you email Aiptek through? I sent through their normal support form and received no response.
Old Mar 13, 2007, 12:17 PM   #14

mzdvguy wrote:
Quote:
I am not positive but I *think* if you press the photo button while filming, it auto-focuses once and locks until you release the button. I'd test but I don't have my MZDV on me right now.

What route did you email Aiptek through? I sent through their normal support form and received no response.
Yes, your right, you can hold down the photo button while filming, but if your moving and let that thing go, its going to focus and make a fuss. Plus, its a annoying to hold that thing down. They should have released a button to disable focus. Had they only done that, the MZ-DV would have been the best hybrid for the price out there.

I PM'd you the email address.
Old Mar 13, 2007, 12:50 PM   #15

Thanks, I got it.
Here is something I notice with my MZ-DV, do you have a similar problem? My camera's time&date as well as the filename counter keeps getting reset/unset!
Old Mar 13, 2007, 3:52 PM   #16

mzdvguy wrote:
Quote:
Thanks, I got it.
Here is something I notice with my MZ-DV, do you have a similar problem? My camera's time&date as well as the filename counter keeps getting reset/unset!
I always turn that off. But I activated it to see what it would do. And I haven't lost the time or filename counter yet.
Old Mar 13, 2007, 10:16 PM   #17

It takes a couple days to happen.
I'm a little confused though, in your Amazon review you said you returned the camera. How are you continuing to post your experiences with it?
Old Mar 13, 2007, 11:37 PM   #18

mzdvguy wrote:
Quote:
It takes a couple days to happen.
I'm a little confused though, in your Amazon review you said you returned the camera. How are you continuing to post your experiences with it?
LOL, thats not me. I still have mine.
Old Mar 14, 2007, 3:25 AM   #19

Really? Wow, it sounded so familar ... *raise eyebrow*

Maybe I am just lucky, but does anyone hear objectionable focusing noise in the samples I posted?