Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Mar 16, 2007, 3:51 PM   #1

hi

i recently purchased a mpvr 2k6 it works well but when i connect it to my laptopmy laptopdoes not recognises the cam,firmware is 1501,can i use it like webcam and if yes then how can i use it like webcam,i installed driver which i downloaded from the manufacturere,can upgrading better firmware will do something and if yes from where can i get the upgraded firmware.

thanks in advance for any help:-)
msdlive is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 16, 2007, 4:13 PM   #2

msdliveWelcome to the site.............

Aiptekinc on youtube is Ray, he will be very happy to answer any questions on the hybrid, but rather email youtube go directly to the site. so tthe glory does not go his way and lead ti a freelance job :G that is a joke?

1 the aiptek MPVr 2k6? you must first look at the tft screen in the on position, and see if the camera shows the correct path to a webcam?

these models were without a webcam , then added with the newerchip or electronics, firmware will notget you a webcam but will correct the situations the camera has?

2. thefirmware is in the pinned post if not then you must contact Aiptek support ask them and one more camera will be added to their recall list

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2007, 5:20 PM   #3

hi

i linked the mpvr to laptop with usb cable and the screen in the on possition.now it shows pc on the top left corner and a usb cable logo on the top right corner,below this one link is camera andother isdisk printed on the screen.when i press on the camera and the disk links on the screen ,the screen goes totally blank .and is there no webcam feature in this model.

thank u
msdlive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2007, 5:51 PM   #4

mode settings usb mode

menu

camera

disk

printer

one would think it would say webcam correct

if you use the camera that would be your webcam, I gave up every time I hooked up withing 30 secs I lose the webcam, possbebly due to not turning off theconstant off 1,3,5 min auto off?

I had this working correctly and hope others cam join in to help but it is the weekend they have better things to do?
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote