Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Apr 6, 2007, 10:05 PM   #1

Does anyone know which hybrids have with video inputs and what resolutions they are capable of?

After a botched attempt at getting into hybrids with an Aiptek MPVR+ with horrible video quality, I am back in the market to buy another hybrid.

It must have video input capability though, as I intend to use it as a helmet camera recorder.

The simpler, the cheaper, the better. A simple box with an input and a record button would be perfect. 640x480x30fps would be ideal.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
dbraeckel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 7, 2007, 5:25 AM   #2

there is a sectioncalled the bried hybrid located in the pinned

you ask such a queestion that you know the answer to?

1 aiptek first model that came out with a input is the MPVR 6 meg pixal 3mb sensor for pictures and a 1/2 f3 something for the video? visit aiptek.com for correct info?

the aiptek Is-DV was the 1st stabilized unit, with many bugs unknown to the public? if you did not know the issues you thought you had a great hybrid?

the d4500 has been around forsuch a long time and has the best overall rating. for the cheapest model, best video or is it?

The mpvr was the 2nd stablied unit, 1st eligant model, and holding its ground to beingthe only model that is not changing in style much?

there are other Company , clones out there they claime to be better or worse

Ranger, Ispan, digilife, SVP, creative labs. Mustek soon followed the change

The MPVR has bugs and a major one, and must be upgraded through Aiptek.inc support groups? Once they officially recall such a device,dishing out millions of our spent $$$ for these record sales of profit, but no fix. the Aud/vid issue is the only recall, we're very satified with the Quality, rate, and design of a perfect item Just wish a lil more went into it?

Aiptek is holing to its Chips they use and invested in the MZ-DV and future model for hd quality while we know they have not yet gone passed near vhs-s quality?

a CCD device may be what you want to look for and a digilife or creative. but let me tell you this.

you already started out bad, what would convince you it would be better? a member comingfoward with such great detail in video and Please use

Fileupyours or a server to show us?

Totally understand your frustration, I started out wit h a mustek dv3000 and yes I use the MPVR 90% of the time and over the pro camcorder .

instores are the MPVR, PVR soon to be pulled, rarely a digilife and others, if you're in the Apple Midtown you'll find a few brands

panasonic d-snap too expensive

if you invest the samsung in BB

hope I made some sense as iwas awoken by noisy naighbors and no caffen?:G
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2007, 9:33 PM   #3

Thanks Fishy.

I guess I was kinda hoping for a break-down list of Manufacturer - Model # as far as cameras with AV Inputs go, and what kind of results people have had with them.

I can tell you right now the SanDisk V-Mate is junk. I just took it back to Circuit City today. I don't know how this stuff makes it past the QA people.

I'm not expecting much. Just 640x480x30fps of watchable video. Not blurry, jumpy, pixellated noise like what I've been getting.

The DigiLife DDV-5120A sounds pretty decent. Anybody have any luck with that one?

The DXG-521 is supposed to be excellent when using an external camera, but I can't justify tearing up a $170 unit to put it in a metal box.....yet.

I'm trying to stick around $100-$150 and CF or SD cards. I'm afraid microdrives might not last long on a dirt bike going 50mph in the woods, bumping off of trees. I'll be happy to post the videos once I can find a unit tough.

Just FYI, here are some DigiLife specs I've found on their cameras with AV In.

DDV-1100 (http://www.digilifeglobal.com/ddv1100.htm)
640x480x30fps
3.3" LCD
NP60 Battery

DDV-5110B (http://www.digilifeglobal.com/ddv-5110b.htm)
640x480x??fps
2.7" LCD
NP60 Battery

DDV-5120A (http://www.digilifeglobal.com/DDV-5120A.htm)
720x480x??fps
2.5" LCD
NP60 Battery

DDV-6000 (http://www.digilifeglobal.com/ddv-6000.htm)
640x480x30fps
2.5" LCD
NP60 Battery

Anyone have any comments on the video quality of each with regard to high speed scenery?
Old Apr 10, 2007, 9:04 PM   #4

Near the top of the list of topics in this forum is one called "Hybrid Cameras List". The first post in that topic is a list of pretty well all the hybrids the participants here know about. If a particular camera in that list has the video-in feature, it has "VI" at the end of the line about that camera. Not surprising, "VI" stands for "Video-In".
sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2007, 12:40 PM   #5

I must have missed that VI note in the lists.

You are right... it's not surprising that VI stands for Video-In.